One Song Per Registration Bank

The Yamaha Tyros 3 & 4 Workstations.

One Song Per Registration Bank

Postby NativeAngels » 29 Aug 2019 23:01

Do you use the One Song Per Registration Bank System or Do You Have Your Own System?
Image .. Image
NativeAngels
Active Poster

Re: One Song Per Registration Bank

Postby Eileen » 31 Aug 2019 16:44

I do use one song or medley per all 10 registrations in a registration bank. This adds lots of interest and can also be used on other songs by just selecting another style and putting the freeze button on.
Eileen

Genos, SX900 and Stagepass 300
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 31 Aug 2019 23:38

Hi James,

I use Registration Memory buttons just for ONE song. If when I play the song later I think the piece would benefit from setting up another Registration Memory then I pop that into the next available slot.

But I do know of a couple of Members who set up all their Registration Memories with something different (well, maybe not all, but a few are completely different). Then with that one setup they can play different types of music eg. a Hymn with no Style or Rhythm .. just Church Organ sounds; have just a piano at their fingertips; maybe a setup for a Foxtrot or Quickstep; or a Latin Rhythm; or a Waltz etc.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner); December (Joint Winner)
2019 March (Joint Winner); May (Joint Winner); June (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 01 Sep 2019 00:10

Here are two videos to show these two ways of using the Registration Memories.

First, using the Registration Memories for just one song. In this demo, he keeps overriding what he has got in Memory 2. But of course you can save each setup into the next available Registration Memory, and then you can choose any of them to use in your song.
Sorry about the 'plug' in the middle!

In this next demonstration, he is using each Registration Memory for something completely different. So you wouldn't move from one Registration Memory to another in the same song. You would press another Registration Memory to play a different song.

Hugh

PS. Listening to the first demo, when he chooses his oboe and strings to play together .. on my AR I would PAN one of those sounds to the left and one to the right, so you get some separation between those two sounds. They way he has set his up, they are both coming from the 'middle' and you can't really tell that the sound is actually two instruments. If you have a Tyros, can you tell me if you actually can PAN instruments you have chosen to the left or right?
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner); December (Joint Winner)
2019 March (Joint Winner); May (Joint Winner); June (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Yamaha Tyros 3 & Tyros 4 Workstations