Hymns/Songs for 28th June

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 28th June

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 26 Jun 2020 08:36

Hi

I managed to record this week's music with very few problems - and even managed a duet with myself on organ & piano on one track (and found yet another irritating "feature" in the video editing software!) The video presentation for duets needs some more thought before I try it again, but it works well enough for the "sing along" presentations that these videos are intend for. Enjoy.

First up is the organ & piano duet - "Tell out my soul". The words are a relatively recent metrical version of the Magnificat (SOng of Mary) from St. Luke's gospel - the tune is a little older.

The next song comes from Australia and the Hillsongs group of contemporary churches.

And to close, a song that I've not played for a few decades - plus an additional bridge passage that I'd never heard of before! "I will rejoice"

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 28th June

Postby JohnT » 28 Jun 2020 10:02

Hi Tony. Another Sunday. Enjoyed your selection. Remember the first one. The second one I think it must have been on tv possibly as I seem to know it. The third a new one. I enjoyed watching your lively playing. A bit jealous. Keep them coming and keep safe. All the best.John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 28th June

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 29 Jun 2020 08:23

Thanks John

The last song has been around for quite a while - but I hadn't played it since the 1970's.

There will be at least one more batch of recordings, as I heard yesterday that the church won't be opening next Sunday due to lack of information on what steps need to be taken etc.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music