Got lucky today

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Got lucky today

Postby Brian007 » 16 Mar 2020 12:54

Hi ALL,

Out shopping this morning and man its a nightmare out there, huge queues at the checkouts big gaps in the shelves , never seen our little town so busy
soap is the new must have commodity ? but the highlight of the morning was getting hold of 9 pack of toilet rolls in Tesco`s had to keep covered up walking across the car park in case I got mugged ?

What is this world coming too

All the best, Brian007

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Got lucky today

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Mar 2020 23:12

I have been shopping at Tescos a couple of times this last week. I go at about 10pm (our store closes at midnight). The disadvantage is that there are probably more empty shelves than earlier on in the day (eg. no flour, chicken, toilet rolls or paracetamol), but the advantage is that there only about a dozen other people shopping so I don't have to get close to other people .. and no queue at the checkout.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 17 Mar 2020 09:36

Hi

Our local Sainsbury's was exceptionally crowded yesterday morning - and given the new restrictions, that will be my last trip there for a while (I'm in the "at risk" group for coronavirus due to health issues). Just as well I didn't need toilet roll - only 2 packs left on shelves (none at all last Monday). A few other empty shelves, but more staff than usual out re-stocking. Just a couple of non-essentials that I didn't manage to get, and enough main meals in the freezer to last me into next month.

Keep well in these difficult times.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 17 Mar 2020 11:28

Hi Tony,

Shopping is really a battlefield at the moment , we have been out again for a few essentials this morning and to be honest the staff in the supermarkets are doing a great job of helping the customers , based on my last two shopping expeditions, Tesco and Aldi have the most amount of stock and Lidl and Salisbury are the worst, but thats in our area ,

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 17 Mar 2020 12:39

Hi. Shopping not too bad. I went on Tesco on line delivery the earliest was Wednesday 25/3 so have booked one. It seems the next one for me is the 2/4 so we will do an order this afternoon. Usually play golf on Tuesday and Thursday but not going as I fall into age group and sometimes have a chest problem. The family are now looking after the grandchildren for the foreseeable future. I think there will be more murders committed in households than the virus. Will have to cancel keyboard club. However still may go to allotment as it is out of the way. The only problem is that I may bump into one man and his dog Brian 007. Still have plenty of interests to keep us going. Now going to self isolate and self medicate. Now where’s that whiskey. Keep taking the tablets and trust me I’m a doctor. All the best to you all. Keep playing, posting and replying with any news. It makes the site more interesting. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 17 Mar 2020 13:00

Hi All

Welcome to all the Self Isolaters hope your doing well , have just had some interesting info passed to me from my cousin in Japan

China just released the name of the
first man with the Coronavirus?

Ah Chu

All the best, Brian007

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 17 Mar 2020 14:33

This is true. One of my son in laws popped round with some essential shopping this morning. I unlocked the door and retired to the next room. He unloaded the groceries on to the table and left. I then washed my hands, put on a pair of gloves and moved the items into a cupboard. Over the top? Who knows. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 17 Mar 2020 15:02

Hi Fred,

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures,,

Stay Safe, All the best Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter