Google Chrome and Youtube videos

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Google Chrome and Youtube videos

Postby Brian007 » 14 Feb 2020 08:27

NB. Sorted by changing the BBCode for youtube .. Hugh

Hi ALL,

I am using Google Chrome and I am experiencing the video links from youtube not showing up while using Google Chrome browser ?, but if I use Microsoft Edge browser they do show up ? anyone else have the same issues ?

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Google Chrome and Youtube videos

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 14 Feb 2020 09:17

Hi

Most videos show up OK for me on Chrome, but many (but not all) You Tube & Facebook videos playback greatly enlarged (so only a small section from the centre of the image is visible) and in Black & White. Not found a solution yet - I thought I'd cracked it by changing settingss a couple of days ago, but it's still the same now.

Admittedly, I've not spent a lot of time on this, as I mainly just listen to music videos while dealing with e-mails & web forums in the morning, so picture is to some extent irrelevant.

Interestingly, if I play back via a Chrome Cast unit that my son gave us for Christmas a couple of years ago, playback on the big TV in the lounge seems to be fine.

The joys of technology!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 14 Feb 2020 12:18

Hi Tony,

Well its a strange one this as Chrome plays videos alright on other forums but nothing at all happens on here ?
so I think I will start and use MS EDGE as the amount of adverts on Google Chrome is really getting out of hand

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 15 Feb 2020 16:51

Brian,

.. the amount of adverts on Google Chrome is really getting out of hand.

That's an interesting comment. Are the adverts put on video clips put there by Google Chrome? I thought it was YouTube that did it.

YouTube keep trying to get me to pay for their 'streaming service' in order not to have the adverts. I suppose the time will come when there are so many adverts that we will have to pay YouTube for their 'service'. If they put adverts in the middle of a song we'll have no option.

Hugh

PS. I do know that Google and YouTube are both one and the same.
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 16 Feb 2020 18:01

Hi ,

If I do a search using Chrome the first page is full of adverts , on Youtube I use an adblocker so thats alright maybe time to change my browser I think

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Feb 2020 17:42

As you will have gathered, Brian has had a problem with viewing the 'embedded videos' he has uploaded to this forum. When using Google Chrome the videos just don't show at all, and yet when using Microsoft EDGE they behave as normal. JohnT has also had this problem. I thought it was just them that were having the problem, but then the following morning I was experiencing the same.

Here are screenshots from Brian of what he could see on his screen. The first is when browsing with Google Chrome. No embedded YouTube video visible at all!

.. and the below is what is on his screen when using Microsoft Edge. Everything showing normally. As I said, same with me. I have Firefox as well, and found everything showed normally when using that browser as well.

On Brian's suggestion, I have looked all this up in a Google Search and have found the following comment:
Embedded youtube videos. The video will not play. This just started happening. I would guess youtube changed something that google chrome is not compatible with. IE and FireFox are OK.

This is exactly what we have found. Almost! It's not a question of them not playing. It's a case of them not even being visible!

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 18 Feb 2020 17:57

Hi Hugh,

I have just put a quick poll up to try and see whats working the best for everyone, as I don't think the Chrome problem is going to go away quickly.

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Feb 2020 18:20

It's been sorted for me. And now Google Chrome is back to normal. Maybe they had a glitch in one of their 'updates'. Brian, JohnT (and anybody else reading this) .. is your Google Chrome browser back to normal? Please tell us by replying to the POLL Brian has put up, here:

https://tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=8432

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter