PA3x Stunning Strings: Video by Paul Thirkettle of Korg UK

Korg Pa3x, Pa4x Pro Professional Workstation

Moderator: andyg

PA3x Stunning Strings: Video by Paul Thirkettle of Korg UK

Postby Mike Bracchi » 28 Nov 2013 00:55

Video by Paul Thirkettle ... Business Development Manager at Korg UK Limited

The most unbelievable STRINGS you'll ever hear coming from an electronic keyboard.
THE KORG PA3X. Listen and Believe. Simply stunning ..........

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: PA3x Stunning Strings: Video by Paul Thirkettle of Korg

Postby jackoj » 28 Nov 2013 13:42

Went to the North Tyneside Organ Club last night and heard Pete Shaw demonstrate the PA3X, it was absolutely magic, the T5 might be on everyone`s lips at the moment as been the one to have but I can assure you it certainly dose not overshadow the Korg PA3X, also there was Paul Thirkettle who I had a chat with and discovered that Pete and Chris Powell had made a Reg stick covering all the Tower organ sounds and you don't need extra memory to cope with the voices it requires, he also mentioned Pete had made another witch covered theme songs and the like, well during Pete`s performance he demonstrated some of the 128 registrations that are on each stick and believe me they were outstanding, so alive and true, it was as though he had all the original instruments and people playing them on stage, one of the best entertaining nights I have had. Paul said that they are now going into more depth in producing extra Reg, style and voices to meet the more home type players and they are having musical weekend Feasterville's arranged from next year with other top players attending at the venues. so all in all Korg are on the up. ATB. jackoj. :) :) :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 28 Nov 2013 19:43

HI Mike and John
That is some supper sounds as far as the reg stick John talk about are they on sale and were can you get them.If they are on sale has anyone got a link.
Many Thanks
Bill
golfer

Postby Mike Bracchi » 28 Nov 2013 21:32

Wotcha John,

I don't know if you twigged or not ... but the video was taken at your North Tyneside Organ Club meeting :lol: :lol:

I'm pleased you all had a good time and that Korg put on a great show for you all ... as I said, I wish I had been there too :D :D

All the best,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Mike Bracchi » 28 Nov 2013 22:10

golfer wrote:HI Mike and John
That is some supper sounds as far as the reg stick John talk about are they on sale and were can you get them.If they are on sale has anyone got a link.
Many Thanks
Bill

Hello Bill,

I have left a post on Paul's facebook page asking for further details on the regi-stick thingy for you, he may well respond on this thread as I have left a link to the topic or he may just respond to my post on facebook ... either way, we'll get further details soon :wink:

All the best Bill,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Mike Bracchi » 29 Nov 2013 00:04

There you go Bill, the details on how to get hold of Korg Soundware .... :D

Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby jackoj » 29 Nov 2013 07:45

Thanks Mike for getting all this info, it is a real bargain under£50 for one of these sticks, they are sensational settings and simplify some of the best registration I have heard. I have been hinting to the wife about a Xmas prezzy for me but had no positive response so far :lol: . ATB. jackoj. :) :) :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 29 Nov 2013 10:18

Hi Mike
John has just rang me about the regi sticks we had a good crack about them.Thank you for the fast response you know what its like you need them in your hands as quick as possible,Thanks again Mike
Bill
golfer

Postby golfer » 11 Dec 2013 21:24

Hi Mike
On reading the post by Paul Thirkettle again about performance and me been a novice Korg user i did not understand the part that their total registration will be changed i have D WATTS dvd were can i find out more info on this part of the keyboard.I have the software and its brilliant and i do not want to spoil it. Hope you can help.
Bill
golfer

Postby jackoj » 13 Dec 2013 11:23

Hi Bill,
Perhaps I can shed a little light on this subject for you, Paul Thirkettle is more or less saying is that when you load a set of performances, it replaces all existing performances on the keyboard, so always save your performances to HD or USB as a set, then you can load them any time they are required, I have sets on my HD that I made up that I can recall when needed. so just customize a set for a nights performance and each setting you have done is recalled at a touch on the LCD. hope Mike doesn't mind my interference and I have been of some help for you Bill. ATB. jackoj. :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 13 Dec 2013 17:25

Hi John
Thanks for the info i did not want to mess up what i have. Had a bit of a crack Jon D he seems to well.
Merry Christmas to you and yours
Bill
golfer

Postby bud2 » 15 Dec 2013 16:34

Yes, the strings on the PA3X, to me anyway, are far far superior to the strings on the new Tyros 5. I don't know how Korg do it but wish Yamaha could match them, they always sound to piercing to me, not lush but harsh.
Regards, Bill.

Tyros 5/NP30 Twinset

bud2
Active Poster

Return to Korg Pa X-Series Professional Arrangers