Enjoyable Performance on Kronos

Moderators: andyg, SysExJohn

Enjoyable Performance on Kronos

Postby Fred » 24 Aug 2013 18:25

A couple of links to a Kronos Player I enjoyed today. Nice to see a young guys having fun.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dvorkys

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Re: Enjoyable Performance on Kronos

Postby Craig » 24 Aug 2013 19:12

Hi Fred. Thanks for the video links :D
The Kronos and the more recent KronosX (same machine and sounds, just more memory and larger storage capacity on the X) are great instruments. If they had a larger touch screen like the one the Korg Oasys, I'd be tempted to sell my Oasys and buy one, but for sound editing I love the screen on the Oasys.
The Krome is a fantastic machine too, well worth the money alone just for the piano sounds. I use the Krome as a master keyboard linked to my PC, so I can use its internal sounds as well as control other sources such as sample libraries and VST instruments, very easy to use and edit.
The Kronos has been out a while now, so I'm waiting to see what Korg deliver next, it'll be something special, hopefully with a large screen :lol:
Craig

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Aug 2013 19:38

Wow ... The lad has talent, awesome performance, he certainly looks like he's having great fun.

Do you know what I liked about it most .... no bloody distorted hammond sounds :lol: :lol: I just love the way in which he breaks into the piano and banjo sounds :D
An excellent find Fred, thank you for sharing it with us, I really enjoyed watching ..... now, how did he do that [turning to my Korg] :wink:

All the best.

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 24 Aug 2013 20:03

Mike Bracchi wrote:Wow ... The lad has talent, awesome performance, he certainly looks like he's having great fun.

Do you know what I liked about it most .... no bloody distorted hammond sounds :lol: :lol:

Mike

Hi Mike - I have to agree. It seems the older I get the more I am getting fed up with the traditional Stuff I have being trying to play for years.

Hi Craig. It will be interesting to see if Korg start to blur the boundaries between an Arranger and a Synth when they come to replace the PAx3 and the Kronos. The appeal would be just to much to resist.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Wally Gator » 25 Aug 2013 00:33

That was awesome. He even managed to change clothes in the middle of his performance. Amazing! A very creative and exciting piece of music for sure.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Return to Korg Kronos, Krome, King & Oasys Music Workstations