Registrations on a Korg ?

The Popular Korg Pa Series Professional Arrangers

Moderator: andyg

Registrations on a Korg ?

Postby Brian007 » 06 Nov 2014 09:56

First off I have never owned a Yamaha keyboard, nothing wrong with them just never owned one.

One of the things I see happen with Yamaha's is the ability to transport and use registrations on different Yamaha keyboards via a usb stick.
I like the idea of this as it means that if two people are at the same club night they can use just one keyboard instead of taking two.

But as I own a Korg I did not think it was possible, but to a degree it is on the new Korg PA range of keyboards as compatability between the newer keyboards is a lot better.

So here`s my take on how to do it. Yamaha registrations = Korg Song book, I reckon ?

Create your a song book entery as per normal for your tune, using only the styles and sounds that came with your keyboard and in there original place on the keyboard.

Next do Save ALL, but instead of saving everything just tick the song book and save it to a usb stick. calling it say "Songbook. SET "

Now to load into a different Korg Keyboard, insert the usb stick, locate the "Songbook. SET " and click open the song book file,
scroll down to the song you saved, select it and press "Load" and it will place the entry into the song book on the Korg Keyboard song book

If you have done everything correctly it wil have exactly the same styles, voices, tempo, etc as the original

Anyway thats one way of doing it, but always open to better ways

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Registrations on a Korg ?

Postby jackoj » 06 Nov 2014 14:22

Hi Brian, i have to agree that Yamaha reading strait from USB stick is great, but you have to remember that both keyboards must have the same setup otherwise the sound and styles may be in a different position from the one the stored material was made on. as for Korg i fined loading from USB to a user style or performance space quite quick and works well for me. just a matter of getting used to you own keyboard really or making the best of it. ATB. jackoj. :) :) :D
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Re: Registrations on a Korg ?

Postby Brian007 » 06 Nov 2014 14:55

Having never had a Yamaha its sounds appealing but as you said John not without its limitations.
I find the Korg system works very well as long as you take the time to study it and get used with it.

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Korg Pa Series Arrangers