The New Korg Pa900 in Depth

The Popular Korg Pa Series Professional Arrangers

Moderator: andyg

The New Korg Pa900 in Depth

Postby Mike Bracchi » 28 Jun 2013 10:16

Specifically designed to help you perform and create music, the PA900 is the latest addition to Korg's renowned Professional Arranger line. With a new palate of sounds designed to please any audience, as well as an enormous range of Styles covering music genres from around the world, PA900 is the perfect companion for the discerning performer or songwriter.

The Pa900 sound engine uses double the PCM memory of the best-selling Pa600 and extends the amount of User PCM to 192MB. The number of user Style locations has also expanded, to cover almost every style imaginable. An improved built-in speaker system delivers it all with clear, rich sound. These new features are complemented by powerful functionality, an intuitive user interface and an array of features such as a TC Helicon Vocal Harmonizer, an MP3 player & recorder, a Dual Sequencer with crossfader, and Video output to display song lyrics, all designed to enhance any performance. A robust color TouchView screen plus Korg's DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system--for expressively recreating instrument articulation--round out the offerings.

Korg PA900 Professional Arranger Keyboard -- Introduction and Overview

Introduction
This is the introduction to the Pa900 Video Manual. This segment of the Video Manual will also cover basic navigation around the various controllers on the Pa900.

Sounds
In this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual we'll take an in depth look at the sounds in the Pa900.

Global, Media & Updates
In this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual, we'll take an in depth look at Global Mode, Media functionality such as saving and loading data and Updates to the OS to the Pa900.

Song Play
In this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual, we'll take an in depth look at Song Play Mode in the Pa900.

Recording A Song
In this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual, we'll take an in depth look at how to record a song using the Pa900.

Styles
In this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual, we'll take an in depth look at the various Styles equipped in the Pa900.

Vocal Processing
n this segment of the Pa900 Video Manual, we'll take an in depth look at the TC Helicon Vocal processing features in the Pa900.

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: The New Korg Pa900 in Depth

Postby Craig » 06 Aug 2013 14:01

Cheers Mike.

I've just come across some of these videos too whilst searching YouTube and the net. The price of the new PA900 is very good having rang a few shops, so I'm seriously thinking of checking one of these out. The only thing is there are no retailers near me, so what with a blind buy you never know if you are going to like something and the demos although they give you an idea, are never the same as having the machine in front of you.

I'm going to wait for the Tyros 5 first, but depending on its features and the price, if I don't think it offers enough for the money, or if it's a Tyros 4 with a few more sounds, new styles and larger memory, then I'd give it a miss anyway.

A Korg PA900 and a 2nd hand Tyros 4 (sounds silly when I sold the one I had, but at least my own sounds and samples will still be of use with it) I'm certain both of these would be way cheaper than the price of a Tyros 5 and offer far more variety, but we'll see.
Craig

Return to Korg Pa Series Arrangers