Editing existing Styles

This forum is for all things Clavinova including the CLP, CVP & CGP Series

Editing existing Styles

Postby Kenneve » 16 Mar 2015 19:50

Hi Guys.

I'm hitting a bit of a brick wall at the moment, regarding the editing of Styles.
I have downloaded a number of Styles from various websites and find that, generally, they will play OK on my new CVP605.
However I'm stuck with one particular Style and would like to edit it slightly.

First, let me give heartfelt thanks, to all those generous folks out there, who are happy upload their Styles into the public domain, it certainly saves hours of messing about with a newbie like me.

The particular Style that I have chosen has superb intros, rhythms and endings, for my chosen song, but currently has no left, main or layer voice assigned to any of the 4 Style variation buttons, or indeed any of the OTS buttons.
So, I would like to add maybe a left/main/layer voice to each of the 4 variations and save the edited Style to a USB stick or overwrite the existing Style, (currently on a USB stick)
Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to how to go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kenneve

Re: Editing existing Styles

Postby Eileen » 16 Mar 2015 21:21

Hi Kenneve,
Are you talking about instrumental parts in the style variations. It is unusual for a style not to contain any. If this is the case you will need to record these parts yourself into the style. All style parts are usually written in the key of C Major. For it to sound right when playing back you must only use certain notes. For Chord and Pad C E G B ,and for Bass and Phase CDEGAB. You will need to go into Style creator for this. An easier way would be to copy parts you like from other styles using style assembly.
OTS can easily be added by just selecting the voices you want and then pressing Memory and the OTS button you want to put it on. You must then resave this to the Style.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Kenneve » 16 Mar 2015 22:01

Hi Eileen

Many thanks for your reply,perhaps I have not explained myself all that well.
I am talking about the right hand voices, at the moment there are non included in the style.
If I do nothing apart from load the Style, then I get the default piano sound on all 4 variations.
I can of course change that voice from the voice buttons, but I really want to set up a voice for each variation and save it to the style.

Thanks again for your help.
Kenneve

Postby Eileen » 16 Mar 2015 22:55

Right hand voices will be save in the OTS section or in your registration banks. If you choose to use OTS then these will save with your style.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Kenneve » 17 Mar 2015 13:41

Hi Eileen

Got there in the end.
I had not realised that having saved to the OTS buttons, I still had to save or overwrite the Style file.
Put it down to age !!!!

Many thanks and best regards.
Kenneve

Postby Eileen » 17 Mar 2015 20:37

Pleased to here you are all sorted.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April