Miss Celie's Blues

Miss Celie's Blues

Postby Bevh » 18 Jan 2024 05:49

https://audio.com/bevian/audio/miss-celie-s-blues

This was composed in 1985 so falls within the requirements for the January challenge. Bev developed this on the AR after Peter Slack issued a challenge to all AR club members. Hope you like it.

Ian Harrison
Organ: Yamaha AR100 Keyboard: Korg EK-50
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 September (Joint Winner); October
2023 February (Joint Winner)
Bevh
Active Poster

Re: Miss Celie's Blues

Postby dentyr » 18 Jan 2024 07:07

Hello Bev, Love the oran sounds. Took the liberty of setting the file onto the post then members can hear it without leaving the page. Thanks for posting. Regards. Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 18 Jan 2024 11:15

Hi there Bevh,
That was a sweet organ performance well played I enjoyed my pleasant listen my friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. :) :wink:
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby KenH » 18 Jan 2024 12:35

Hi Bev,
A tune very new to me - most enjoyable.

Love the organ voicing ~~~ are they a 'preset' on your AR? Would be very interested to what pipe footages you are using!

KenH 8)
Don't smoke; drink a little; laugh a lot :)
Keyboard: Yamaha CVP-809
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 September (Joint Winner)
KenH
Active Poster

Postby Bevh » 14 Feb 2024 01:30

Hello Ken,
Sorry to take so long but we were just looking through the January postings and noticed your question.
Yes & No. All the sounds on the AR100 are sample sounds so one might claim they are pre-sets. However that fails to understand the complexity available on the AR organs. There are two manuals and pedals and for each manual there are two sets of orchestral sounds plus a set of flute/diapason sliders. There is also a set of Solo sounds which normally are allocated to the upper manual but can be transferred to the lower. Each set of orchestral sounds has 14 option buttons and pressing on a button brings forth up to 16 selections from that genre. In fact any sound available in the organ can be pulled into either of two buttons of the 14.
With the flute voices there are four options available - Theatre,Jazz, Electronic & Classical and for the upper manual pitches available are 16',8',51/3',4',22/3',2',13/5',11/3',&1'. On the lower some are left out so 8',4' 22/3',2',13/5',11/3' &1' are available. Each footage is selected by a slider which also regulates the volume of that pitch.
Then the AR 100 has 16 memory thumb pistons which catch every nuance of the way the organist has selected their sounds. Bev made maximum use of these to make changes throughout any piece. In fact only 8 setting changes were made in this piece.
To get back to your original question the opening has the upper manual with 16' Tibia at 6/7 volume plus 8' at 3/7 vol and 4' at 7/7 vol together with Dixie Clarinet at 5/7 volume. This then morphed into just Dixie Clarinet alone at full volume. I missed noting what was on the lower manual & pedal.
I hope this answers your question Ken.
Cheers
Ian Harrison
Organ: Yamaha AR100 Keyboard: Korg EK-50
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 September (Joint Winner); October
Bevh
Active Poster

Return to CHALLENGE - JANUARY 2024