When I Fall In Love

When I Fall In Love

Postby TonyD » 29 Dec 2023 22:59

When I Fall In Love

"When I Fall in Love" is a popular song, written by Victor Young (music) and Edward Heyman (lyrics). It was introduced in Howard Hughes' last film One Minute to Zero as the instrumental titled "Theme from One Minute to Zero". Jeri Southern sang on the first vocal recording released in April 1952 with the song's composer, Victor Young, handling the arranging and conducting duties. The song has become a standard, with many artists recording it; the first hit version was sung by Doris Day released in July 1952.
Day's recording was made on June 5, 1952. It was released by Columbia Records as catalogue number 39786 and issued with the flip side "Take Me in Your Arms". The song reached number 20 on the Billboard chart.
A 1996 recording by Natalie Cole, sung as a duet with her father Nat King Cole using vocals from his 1956 version, won 1996 Grammys for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals and Best Instrumental Arrangement with Accompanying Vocal(s).

https://app.box.com/s/af52kzdl524xgzz6chl2dsskm2d3lst6

Played on my new Yamaha Genos2
Style = Foxtrot

Voices Variation 1, = Right1 = S.Art2 SoftTrumpet. Right2 = S.Art SectionHorns Right3 = S.Art WarmPopHorns
Voices Variation 2. = Right1 = S.Art2 Clarinet. Right2 = SweetTenorSax. Right3 = PopsConcert Section.
Voices Variation 3 = Right1 = S.Art Character Grand. Right2 = VibesTremolo. Right3 = S.Art JazzGuitarClean.
Voices Variation 4 = Right1 = S.Art2 SmoothTenorSax. Right2 = S.Art2 BigBandAltoSax. Right3 = SaxSectionHard.
Keyboards: Yamaha Genos2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April
TonyD
Active Poster

Return to Music played by TonyD (Tony Donald)