Aura Lee

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Aura Lee

Postby barwonfan » 20 Jan 2022 22:48

"Aura Lee" is an American Civil War song about a maiden. It was written by W. W. Fosdick (lyrics) and George R. Poulton (music) but sometimes is attributed to Stephen Foster. The melody was used in Elvis Presley's 1956 hit song "Love Me Tender". JT.

When the blackbird in the Spring,
On the willow tree,
Sat and rocked, I heard him sing,
Singing Aura Lea.
Aura Lea, Aura Lea,
Maid with golden hair;
Sunshine came along with thee,
And swallows in the air.

The MP3 can be downloaded from here:
https://app.box.com/s/0nofu6snms3ykng97ytzvqidd2wlv9tt
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: Aura Lee

Postby barwonfan » 21 Jan 2022 01:31

Thank you Hugh for the wonderful pictures you have found for my song. I have no idea how you managed to get the pictures in sync. The girl with the golden hair appeared at exactly the spot where the verse comes in. And I loved the way you put the blackbird, and his song at the beginning. J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: Aura Lee

Postby Hugh-AR » 21 Jan 2022 11:22

This video is best watched Full screen, so once it starts playing click on the 'square' symbol, bottom right. Then don't move your mouse and all the video info will disappear.

When you have finished watching, to get back to the standard screen click the Esc on the keypad, or you can click on the cross symbol, bottom right (you have to move your mouse for this to appear).

And remember that with any video you are watching, if you get an advert in a rectangle showing across the middle of it so you can't see the video properly, click on the X in the top right corner of the advert (don't click anywhere else or you will be launched into the advert).
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Music with Movies