Daisy a Day on my Chromatic Button Accordion

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Daisy a Day on my Chromatic Button Accordion

Postby dentyr » 15 Oct 2021 02:49

Hello, Not sure where to put this. Either here in noise with movies or in Instrumentals. It is my first real play on my button accordion with the Tyros4 as a backing band. I won't apologize for my scruffy dress, no real reason to dress up, nowhere to go and nothing to do when and if I get there. So, here it is.

Kind regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Daisy a Day on my Chromatic Button Accordion

Postby kens » 15 Oct 2021 08:34

Well Den. That was different. I liked it Ken S.
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 15 Oct 2021 09:33

Den,

Good idea to get the keyboard to do a backing for you. You're a two-man one-man band now.

Listening to this, what I find really interesting is how a real accordion sounds. Although keyboards can get the 'sound' your accordion makes they can't get the intonations where you push/pull the bellows .. and that is part of the overall sound.

I always say it is the same with a piano. A keyboard will never get the sound of a real piano because ... when you put your foot down on the 'loud' pedal of a real piano it takes the 'dampers' off all the strings. This means that other strings will vibrate in sympathy with notes of the chord you are playing and give a far richer overall sound. Yes, it also 'sustains' the note, which can be replicated by the keyboard, but that is only half the story with regard to the overall sound. So a chord played and 'held down' on a real piano will sound different to the same chord played with your foot down on the 'loud' pedal.

I'm sure the same applies to any instrument played on a keyboard. The player of a real instrument will create twists in sound as they play which the keyboard cannot replicate. Although having said that, keyboards do very well these days at getting authentic sounds for musical instruments. Eg. The Clarinet sound I have on my Tyros 4 sounds so much better than the one I have on my Yamaha AR80 organ.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 15 Oct 2021 10:25

Hi Den,

Very good at least you can get a tune out of it which would be more than I could, Watching the video your right hand appears to be playing the melody what does the left hand do ?

All the best Brian 007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 15 Oct 2021 12:03

Hello Brian, In this clip I used the Tyros as my backing. The left side is the bass and tends to overwhelm the recording unless I face it away from the recording source. The buttons are arranged in fifths going up the button board and going from the bellows side the button are 1st row- counter-bass (a third above the next row) the 2nd row in is the bass, the third row is the major chord and the 4 row is the minor chord the last row is the seventh chords. No dim chords on this one. It is just a matter of getting used to the position of the buttons. I don't look at the buttons, I just hope that the button that I press is the correct one. :D
Thanks for asking. I have written a script on this in the "This & That" section of the forum.
Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 18 Nov 2021 19:26

Hi Den. Another enjoyable video of you playing. Always enjoy the sounds of the accordion. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Music with Movies