Adjustment of the voices on the fly Tyros & SX.

Adjustment of the voices on the fly Tyros & SX.

Postby dentyr » 20 Jan 2024 05:01

With my Tyros I sometimes find that one of the instruments can be either too loud or too soft for the part I am playing. No problem, just use the slider to adjust the volume and it will be fine. If that part to be adjusted is just a short part in the song then pressing the registration button will take it back to where you originally registered it. But what about the Genos and SX series? The main screen does not have sliders or any way to adjust the volumes on the fly. Follow on down.

So, on opening the main screen on the SX series this is what you get. No way of adjusting the volumes or other things.
Go to the little mixer button, the middle one of the three on the left, and bring up the sliders and all the adjustments that you may think that you need.

This is the screen that is most useful.

So having that screen in front of you means more than the pretty main screen picture.
Have fun, it is worth it.

Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Adjustment of the voices on the fly Tyros & SX.

Postby barwonfan » 21 Jan 2024 11:03

Dennis, I'm glad that you devoted some time to put up that information. It is probably included in the manual; but I find manuals rather daunting, Your screen shots are first rate I, for one, am determined to come to grips with the process and will follow the steps you outlined. Many thanks, J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to How to do things with the Genos & PSR-SX Keyboards