How to get SCREENSHOTS of your Tyros 4

How to get SCREENSHOTS of your Tyros 4

Postby dentyr » 21 Jan 2021 12:22

How to get clean screen shots on your Tyros4

So you want to get clean screen photos of your Tyros.
Obtain a CLEAN USB stick.
Turn OFF the keyboard
Inset the USB stick
Hold down the three voice buttons ORGAN, STRINGS, and GUITAR all at the same time and switch on the keyboard.
Hold those buttons down until the keyboard has completed loading.
All the registration buttons will be BLUE!
Now press registration button 8 and a bitmap (BMP) will be put onto your USB stick. Continue to set your screen as you want, ie Functions or Styles and again press Registration Button 8. When you have done all that you want, turn the keyboard OFF then remove the USB stick. Then turn the keyboard on again, ensure that you have a registration in the Registration slot (button J) and press registration button 1. This will ensure that the keyboard is now reset for playing.
This will give you a clean screen shot of the Tyros.
Regards, Dennis.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: How to get SCREENSHOTS of your Tyros 4

Postby Hugh-AR » 21 Jan 2021 14:06

Thanks Den. I am doing this now for pictures I am using in my Tutorials. This one, for example, has photos obtained this way. Of course I first have to change the picture 'type' from BMP to JPG.

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab.
http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=463&t=9460#p56664

The filenames of the pictures taken by the Tyros are named CAPT0000.bmp, CAPT0001.bmp, CAPT0003.bmp etc., so those are the names to look for when you subsequently look at the Memory Stick on your computer/laptop.

In your explanation above you say use a CLEAN USB stick. It doesn't have to be 'clean' ie. it can have other files on it as well. When you look for the Tyros pictures they won't be in a Folder, they will be under 'C' in the main listing.

But ...

Once you have done some pictures and taken the Memory Stick out of the Tyros, if you put it back into the Tyros and try taking more pictures it will not do it .. even if you start from scratch again and hold those three buttons down when turning the Tyros ON. The problem appears to be that although the disk does not have to be 'clean' it must not have any previous Tyros pictures on it.
So DELETE those CAPT0000.bmp, CAPT0001.bmp, CAPT0003.bmp etc. files from the Memory Stick before putting it back into the Tyros.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to How to do things with the Tyros 4 & 5 Keyboards