Making a SCREENSHOT of your keyboard

Found something interesting but don't know where to put it?
Post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Making a SCREENSHOT of your keyboard

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Jul 2019 10:17

I'm sure you will be aware that I use SCREENSHOTS from what I see on my computer screen to help explain things in Topics. If I am trying to explain something specific for a keyboard or organ I often use the Owner's Manual for that instrument to illustrate what I am saying. But sometimes it's a case of getting the camera out and taking a picture of a keyboard screen as the Owner's Manual doesn't go into detail with pictures.

I hadn't realised that you can take screenshots of your organ/keyboard screen for some instruments. If you want to explain to someone how to do something on your keyboard then to have a load of pictures to show them makes understanding what you are doing so much easier.

Screen Capture on Yamaha Genos
If you want to take a screen capture of your Yamaha Genos, this is what you need to do

(1) Insert USB stick
(2) In the Style control section, hold down the "BREAK" and "ENDING2" and "ENDING3" buttons while turning on Genos
(3) To take a screen copy, press "ONE TOUCH SETTING4"
(4) The images are stored on the USB stick (Root folder, called CAPT000X)

It's as simple as that. Helpful for sharing settings with friends or keeping a record of what you have save.

After ending this session, turn the Genos off and on to make the ONE TOUCH SETTING4 active again.

Screen Capture on Yamaha Tyros 5; PSR S910; PSR S750; and Genos

Jørgen (joso) explains how to do this on his Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site. This is the LINK to take you to his website where he explains how to do all this.

After viewing, press the 'back-button' to get back to the TDP Forum
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/display.htm

Below is a SCREENSHOT of the page .. and you can click on the picture too as this is also a LINK to Jørgen's website.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Making a SCREENSHOT of your keyboard

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Jul 2019 12:18

Tyros 4 and Tyros 5
Turn off the Tyros
Place a USB stick in the front USB plug of the Tyros

For Tyros 4: Turn on the Tyros 4 with the keys GUITAR, ORGAN and STRINGS and hold until the main screen appears.
If you now press Registration button 8, a screenshot of the current screen will be saved on USB. You can now go to any screen, and every time you press Reg 8 a screenshot is placed on the USB.

For Tyros 5: Turn on the Tyros 5 with the BASS, ORGAN and STRINGS buttons pressed and hold until the main screen appears.
If you now press Registration button 8, a screenshot of the current screen will be saved on USB. You can now go to any screen, and every time you press Reg 8 a screenshot is placed on the USB.

After ending this session, turn the Tyros off and on to make the Reg 8 active again.

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 23 Jul 2019 16:12

Hello Hugh,

Yes I knew about the screenshot but it is only the screen and does not include the surrounding buttons which are important when describing what to do. But it does give a good clear picture.

Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Jul 2019 16:20

Hi Den,

Got carried away with the fact that you could do a screenshot of a keyboard. But I can see that this isn't quite the same as taking a screenshot of a computer, as with a keyboard you would then have to press some buttons .. and to show those you would have to have to take a camera picture of the keyboard (and you have taken some very good ones!).

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to This & That