Sounds from Silence

Observations by Dennis.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Sounds from Silence

Postby dentyr » 28 Sep 2019 23:18

I like to think I am not just a keyboard player, but I am also an Entertainer. So it's not just a question of sitting down and playing music.

This is a performance I did a few times with my PSR S900. It takes a lot of setting up with the voices in registrations. The timing is important. If you have a reasonable audience, ie Senior Citizens 50+ then the time can be stretched out to 15 minutes with playing the various sounds and the explanations. People who have a low listening time then it is reduced to about 7 to 8 minutes. The last piece is the song "The Sound Of Music".

Read my notes below explaining how I go about this narrative .. with my keyboard set up so I can make the appropriate sounds at the right places.

If the PDF files do not show, 'Refresh' the page.

To read the whole page, scroll it down with the mouse wheel, or move the bar down on the right of the document. If you move your mouse up to the top right hand corner and click the 'arrow' the page will load full screen. You then have the option to PRINT the document (hover your mouse over the top right of the document). You can also get to the PDF by clicking on the following LINK. If you click on the LINK, click the back-button after to get back to this page.

Click here for the direct LINK to the PDF file

... and then I play THE SOUND OF MUSIC (click this LINK to play).

I'm sure you get the idea behind it all!

Den
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Sounds from Silence

Postby dentyr » 29 Sep 2019 08:16

I just thought I would add .. it is the imagination of the person who is going to present the performance to set up the sounds. With effort some of the sounds can be put onto multipads, they can be pre-recorded but playing the sounds live with the commentary gives a wider scope for volume control and length of time for things.

Dennis
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to Den's Gems