Summertime

Observations by Dennis.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Summertime

Postby dentyr » 13 Sep 2021 00:41

Summertime

It is summer. It is hot. Too hot to be wandering around. You decide to go and lay down. You perspire profusely and close your eyes waiting for it to cool. You get hotter, so you decide to get up and go out and walk on the grass to cool your feet. You go out. There is no grass but a stone path. You start to walk on that hoping that the stone is cold. It is not. You wander along and you see what looks to be a cave. You think that it may be cooler in that cave so you wander towards it. As you get closer you see two extremely beautiful women standing near the entrance. Their hair is held up by some sort of hair clips. As you approach you notice that the hair clips are in the form of curved horns. They are holding tridents and are smiling at you. Getting closer you notice now that their teeth have extended canines and their blond skin colour has darkened to a sunburned red. They beckon you in. As you approach it seems to get hotter. The two women look familiar, the receptionist from the medical center and the receptionist from the dentist; but their appearance seems to change.

“You are a musician!” states one of them with a smile, “come in.”

You are drawn closer. It is getting hotter. You see to one side about fifty people with big tin cans banging away, not in time or rhythm with each other and no two are the same tone. You shudder.

“Have you had your jabs?” asks one of the receiving females and she gives you a prod with her trident. At that moment a young fellow runs past screaming “Prod me daddy with a three pronged fork!

You now notice the heat and the flames building up. Suddenly there is a big POP and someone yells out “Great balls of fire!

Out of the fire seems to come a bottle. It looks strange but the cork in the top keeps popping in and out and making the most unsavoury noises. On it you see quite clearly ‘KORG”. You think that someone can’t spell.

You are pushed further into the cave. Then you see a scruffy old hag pushing what seems to be a cardboard box covered in lumps of rolled up bandages. It is making an awful discordant noise. She calls out to you “Band in a Box with Multipads.” And cackles with laughter at your surprise.

A girl, seemingly dressed in black leather, comes along with what looks to be an oversize bass guitar. She is thumping out discordant bass notes at the same time as playing some sort of whistle. She calls out “It’s a descant discordant counter melody!” and laughs

You try to back off as it is getting incredibly hot but the two receptionists have put a cloak around you and are pulling you further into the cave. You try to move but you can’t. You struggle and try to twist and turn but to no avail.

You open your eyes. The sunlight is streaming into the room and you see your good lady standing there.

“You OK? Look at the mess you have made of the bed, all tied up in the sheets. You could be a bit more careful.”

Dennis
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Summertime

Postby Hugh-AR » 13 Sep 2021 00:46

Dennis,

That was spell binding! What a way you have with words! I can relate to that as all your references are to things I understand. I get dreams like that, but not quite as disturbing. Mine are all to do with the Hotel. Not being able to find the rooms they have booked; not having orange juice, sausages or bacon to cook them for breakfast etc. Nightmare!

Hugh

PS. What is the significance of the girl dressed in black leather? Who is she?
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 13 Sep 2021 06:41

Hi Den. Liked your dream and being able to remember it, and put it into words. Quite fascinating. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 16 Sep 2021 12:09

The girl in black is ------- Suzie Quatro!!! Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to Den's Gems