Hymns/Songs for 25th October 2020

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 25th October 2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 24 Oct 2020 10:24

Hi

Another week (a rather fraught one as I had builders in), but I did manage a bit of recording for church. The first hymn is a recording from a few weeks ago. The other 2 congregational pieces I decided to re-record and improve on earlier versions - plus there's a couple of instrumental items to enjoy.

First up is a hymn I recorded for our Harvest service a few weeks back:-

Next up is "What a Friend we have in Jesus" I decided to play this on my Nord C2D in Hammond organ mode, and with a bit of a gospel feel.

The service closes with a more recent song:-

The first instrumental bonus tracks is a simple arrangement I made of what is now a pretty old worship song:-

(There's another video on my YT channel of this - same music but with the lyrics displayed)

Finally for this week, an unrehearsed improvisation on the final hymn at church a couple of weeks back, played on my Content 224 Compact digital organ, with a direct feed of the audio into the camcorder.

Enjoy

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 25th October 2020

Postby JohnT » 25 Oct 2020 13:23

Hi. Tony. Once again a lovely selection of hymns etc. Liked the organ sounds and also the piano. Sitting relaxing in the conservatory and enjoying my listen. Keep safe. All the best. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 25 Oct 2020 21:33

Tony,

I just love the organ music you play, and particularly liked those last two. I'm not into 'pianos' playing in Church. I suppose having a piano is 'modern' and 'trendy', but give me a Church organ any day!

Is the idea of the visor to wear something so that your glasses don't steam up? My wife Bronwyn can't focus on anything without her glasses (they have really thick lenses) so wearing a mak is a real problem for her as her glasses always steam up. She also is very deaf, and has to wear hearing aids to hear anything, so those elastic loops that go round her ears are a disaster for her!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 26 Oct 2020 10:09

Thanks Jon & Hugh.

We use a "blended" style of worship at Wolston and the piano is more appropriate for some of the more modern songs (and some older hymns as well). I play whichever instrument I feel fits the mood of the song/hymn within the context of the service - especially as we have a very good digital piano at church (although I still prefer the real thing both with pianos & organs!)

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Carloss » 28 Oct 2020 19:14

Each instrument has a beautiful sound. I like the organ organ ... I liked the gospel rhythm that you played at Nord. Nice performance Rev Tony 8)
Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 29 Oct 2020 09:48

Thanks Carloss

I've been fortunate to be able to have afforded these instruments over the past years - it's useful to have a variety of sounds & styles of instruments available.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music