Hymns/Songs for 20th Sept. 2020

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 20th Sept. 2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 18 Sep 2020 09:25

Hi

I've not been too well this week - not helped (& in part triggered) by having to deal with a squirrel problem! Only one new recording - I persuaded our minister to chose a couple of the items I'd already recorded. Here's all 3. Sadly, no bonus track this week.

Here's the new recording - the hymn "May the mind of Christ my Saviour". Influenced by a recording on one of the first LP's I bought way back in the '60's, I chose to play this using a combination of digital piano & the Viscount Cantorum V organ keyboard.

And a couple of older recording, firstly "All Creatures of our God and King"

And "We have a Gospel to Proclaim"

Enjoy

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 20th Sept. 2020

Postby Carloss » 19 Sep 2020 15:52

Hey, Reverend! a squirrel problem? This one beat me, ha ha ha. Hymns all very beautiful and gentle to listen to. I imagine you have a quiet, quiet space and a good quality microphone and all the paraphernalia to shoot and record. In your songs we don't hear any noises around. How cool is this! 8)
Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Carloss » 19 Sep 2020 22:53

Well, Reverend Tony I went to research and read about health problems with squirrels. I have come to the conclusion that you may have a squirrel pet. And from what I've read, health problems with squirrels are worrying. Here in Brazil the squirrels are scattered in the Atlantic forest, I did not find references to domesticated squirrels. So, I'm sorry for my initial irreverence. :( Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 20 Sep 2020 07:22

No problem Carloss

The squirrels here are the grey variety, introduced from, IIRC, the USA a long way ago, and they've come close to wiping out the native red squirrels, except in a few areas. If they get into property they can be very destructive, chewing mains wiring among other things, and leaving quite a mess. At some point I shall have to clear up in the roof space & see just what has been damaged.

As to recordings, I'm fortunate to live on a quiet housing estate - nothing special house-wise, but little external noise other than neighbours DIY efforts and the occasional helicopter or light aircraft passing. My piano rig (that I used for "May the mind" is in my lounge, and I'm taking direct outputs into a mixer (& listening on headphones) in deference to the neighbours the other side of the party wall. The classical organ, etc. is in a room that my son sorted out in part of the garage - it's insulated and lined out with OSB which helps keep any eternal noise down a bit, and I try & pick quiet times to record. I will be sorting out a direct electronic feed from the Viscount as soon as I can, but it means moving the organ out to access the back.

As to recording equipment, audio-wise I've a fair bit of gear accumulated over the years - I used to work in radio, sound recording & audio-visual at various times. The video side is more basic, but I think well chosen, with cameras that will take external audio inputs, and have adjustable recording level & manual level control, so the automatic levels found in more basic cameras don't mangle the sound. Editing is currently done on an old laptop, but I've just acquired my son's former gaming computer, so that should at least speed things up! I've been using Adobe Premiere Elements for video editing, but I'm planning to get something a little more up-market shortly.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby JohnT » 20 Sep 2020 12:31

Hi Tony. Some rousing hymns. Only knew All Creatures. Enjoyed the full organ.Most enjoyable.
Hope you solve your squirrel problem., we have lots of grey ones at the golf course in Durham. I prefer our native red.
We are away for a few days in Northumberland near Alnwick May see some red ones there.
Thanks for another enjoyable Sunday. Keep safe. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 21 Sep 2020 09:10

Thanks John

Hopefully the squirrels are dealt with. The only problem is that I daren't leave the back door into the garden open to try & get some fresh air into the place.

Thanks for the comments.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music