Hymns for Sunday 23/08/2020

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns for Sunday 23/08/2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 22 Aug 2020 09:36

Hi

I seem to be surrounded by gremlins this week. I had to re-record 2 verses of the first hymn - I wasn't happy with my playing (attempted organ/piano duet again) Verses 1 & 4 survived the cull. When I loaded the additional clips on the video editing computer, I found that the audio had gone AWOL on some of them! This was after sorting an earlier problem with audio from the video editing machine. Edits went fairly well, until gremlins struck again and I needed to restart the computer - when Windows decided to update & installed MS Edge on an already over-full hard drive. That led to a failure to save - thankfully only a backup - the production version goes on an external hard drive. After deleting everything I could find that I no longer want, I discovered that my video editing software refused to start - so no voluntary this week - and I'll be trying to sort things out instead of what I would have done today. Anyway, thankfully, one of the hymns was one I'd already recorded (& posted last week, but I'll include it again), and the other 2 are OK, so here they are. Enjoy.

First up is "How Great Thou Art" - the one that caused me all the problems!

Next is "Lord, Speak to me" - I decided to mainly use piano for this one.

And finally, the hymn that was my "bonus track" last week.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns for Sunday 23/08/2020

Postby JohnT » 23 Aug 2020 13:03

Hi Tony. Three powerfully played hymns. Pleased you got somethings sorted out. A nice Sunday singalong. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Hymns for Sunday 23/08/2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 24 Aug 2020 09:13

Hi

I spent most of Saturday sorting out the recalcitrant computer. I eventually discovered the root of the problem ( a stupid labelling of a hard drive partition in the original pre-installed set-up that meant it was running on 1/3rd of the available hard drive space!) Eventually got the system restore disc to run, and then a couple of hours later, set it to search for & install updates. Now, this particular computer is over 10 years old, so there were a lot of updates - it took over 24 hours to download & install them! My "entertainment" later today will be to re-install the software that I need & try & get it working properly. Maybe then I can start on what I'd planned to do on Saturday.

I must get some organ practice in as well - I heard yesterday that church is reopening on 13th Sept, and that will be our Harvest Festival. I'll need something that sounds spectacular to celebrate that (I've got something in mind - just need to learn it!)

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music