Hymns/Songs for 9th August 2020

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 9th August 2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 08 Aug 2020 08:30

Hi

Another busy week recording for church - 4 hymns/songs this week, plus a proper organ voluntary. 2 of the hymns are multitracked with me playing both organ & piano. I had a few problems with these, partly getting used to a new multi-track recorder, and partly not getting things quite synchronised - it's a long time since I did any multitracking, and I've never done much. Also yet more computer problems (thanks to a Windows update that changed programme settings). Anyway, here's the music - enjoy!

First up is the hymn "Praise, my Soul, the King of Heaven".

Next is "Amazing Grace". I thought I'd give this a bit of "gospel" style using piano & my Nord C2D in Hammond organ mode.

Next a worship song - just piano, but ringing the changes between electric piano & acoustic piano sounds on the Korg SP 180

The final hymn is the Methodist classic "And can it be?". Piano & the Viscount Envoy for this one.

And finally, the bonus track is a short organ voluntary from the Early English tradition, written by William Herschel - better known as an astronomer.
This is written (and played) on manual only (apart from the last bass note - early English organs had keyboards starting at GG - half an octave below the current "standard" of C).

More next week, all being well.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 9th August 2020

Postby kens » 09 Aug 2020 09:38

Thanks Tony. when I hear amazing Grace I think of Mahalia Jackson singing that on TV as interludes. Back in the 50's.
regards Ken S.
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 09 Aug 2020 12:03

Hi Tony Enjoyed my Sunday music. First one remember it well knew nearly all the words. Amazing grace was an interesting listen. Liked the organ and piano cleverly put together for that classic one. Keep them coming look forward to them. All the best. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 10 Aug 2020 00:34

Hi Tony,

That was a very clever bit of multi-tracking for Amazing Grace, and for And can it be. And a very clever bit of multi-videoing for both of them too! Liked the harmony accompaniment from the organ.

You Laid Aside Your Majesty had a wonderful variation of sound, with electronic piano and grand piano. A lovely piece of music to listen to.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 10 Aug 2020 08:51

Thanks for the comments folks.

More next week (and just possibly one track before then) - I've had a request. Have to see how time works out today!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music