Hymns/Songs for 17th May 2020

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 17th May 2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 16 May 2020 08:56

Hi

The lockdown continues, and churches are still closed. I've been extra busy this week with extra music for tomorrow. Here they are:-

First, a relatively recent worship song, "All Heaven Declares"

Next up is a hymn from the Welsh Revival of the end of the 19th century. "Here is Love"

Then a meditative song from the Taize religious community in France. "O Lord, Hear my Prayer". I dug out my older digital piano for this one, as it has a wider range of sounds than the Korg.

Another modern hymn - In Christ Alone. I did part of this on piano & part on organ. I think it works well.

FInally, I was asked to play "Jesu, Joy of Man's desiring to conclude - not the easiest piece to play at very short notice. I tried, but couldn't manage to get it to a good enough standard in time. I'd reached the stage of being able to play it all - but not in one run, with different small mistakes on each take. Very annoying. In the end, I dug out a recording I made in 1997 for a CD I produced, recorded on a small 2m pipe organ.

Enjoy.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 17th May 2020

Postby JohnT » 17 May 2020 10:48

Hi Tony Getting used to these Sunday morning listens. Some good ones to sing along too with the words. Rousing organ music and piano. Makes my day. Keep them coming. All the best. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 17th May 2020

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 18 May 2020 08:15

Thanks John

Glad you're enjoying them. Looks like I'll be doing this fort a few more weeks anyway.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music