Goodbye World, Goodbye - 2018 Thanksgiving Trio

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Goodbye World, Goodbye - 2018 Thanksgiving Trio

Postby Max the Icie Owner » 02 Mar 2019 04:58

Hi everyone,

Here's a live recording of a song that I played with a trio (keyboard, piano, e. drums) that we threw together at a Thanksgiving event in my town. Arranged by me, keyboard part written out by me as well. I'm on the piano. Audio is a mix of iPad and iPhone audio from two different locations (in the audience, next to the stage), as that's all I have that's portable. No added reverb. Just cleaned up to sound closer to the way it did live (a little EQ). Yamaha grand, Yamaha Motif XF8 (the venue's), and Yamaha DTXPlorer set. Motif is playing a split of electric organ and acoustic bass.

Hope this is allowed as "played by myself" for the forum since I am playing on it, arranged it, and wrote out parts. If it isn't, let me know.

This song is a favorite of the organizer of the event (he's organized the community event for 25 years) and was at his request that we played this song. It's "Goodbye World Goodbye" by Mosie Lister. It's an old Gospel song. Instruments used: Yamaha +/-7 foot grand, Yamaha DTXPlorer, Yamaha Motif XF8.

That was one of the most fun performances I've had the opportunity to do, I will say.
Keyboards: Yamaha Motif XF8, Yamaha YS200, Yamaha PSR-295, Yamaha YPG-235, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg Krome 61, Roland JV-1000, Casio CT-370.
Digital Pianos: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-305, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-130
Organs: Kimball Broadway (R-80), Kimball Valencia III (S20), 11-stop Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed organ (pre-1918)

Assorted accordions, Yamaha PAC112V guitar, F# Double Native American Flute; AT-2035, SM57, Peavey RQ-2002-12 Mixer, Resident Audio T4 interface, MSR-100 speaker, etc.

Max the Icie Owner
Active Poster

Re: Goodbye World, Goodbye - 2018 Thanksgiving Trio

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 02 Mar 2019 07:34

Hi

Nice song. Keep up the good work.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Goodbye World, Goodbye - 2018 Thanksgiving Trio

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Mar 2019 20:12

Hi Max,

You're a pretty nifty pianist. Enjoyed listening to that!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Religious Music