Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - Jazz (old recording)

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - Jazz (old recording)

Postby Max the Icie Owner » 15 Feb 2019 05:15

Hi everyone,

Here's something I recorded two years ago (wow, already) on my Motif XF. This is more or less a jazz improvisation of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", although there are some gospel elements thrown in there. I sequenced the backing tracks (acoustic bass and brush drums) myself directly on the Motif XF8. No external sound sources were used; all sound is from the Motif direct-to-usb recording. Piano part was played live on the keyboard during recording.

One of the first videos I ever uploaded too when I was starting my old youtube channel. Different video, but same recording. Pic is from the old video actually, from recording.

Hope you all like it!
Keyboards: Yamaha Motif XF8, Yamaha YS200, Yamaha PSR-295, Yamaha YPG-235, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg Krome 61, Roland JV-1000, Casio CT-370.
Digital Pianos: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-305, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-130
Organs: Kimball Broadway (R-80), Kimball Valencia III (S20), 11-stop Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed organ (pre-1918)

Assorted accordions, Yamaha PAC112V guitar, F# Double Native American Flute; AT-2035, SM57, Peavey RQ-2002-12 Mixer, Resident Audio T4 interface, MSR-100 speaker, etc.

Max the Icie Owner
Active Poster

Re: Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - Jazz (old recording)

Postby Brian007 » 15 Feb 2019 07:52

Hi Max,

Yes I certainly did enjoy that piece, which is strange as I am usually a POP and ROCK man through and through , but you may have just widen my musical tastes a little, that was a good performance especially as you sequenced the backing track which is no mean feat, so well played.

All the best, Brian007
PSR SX700 and MODX6 The older I get ... the better I used to be ?
Image .. Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner)
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Religious Music