Christmas Carol Medley - Nord C2D

Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Christmas Carol Medley - Nord C2D

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 01 Nov 2018 07:49

Hi
Observant viewers might have glimpsed my Nord C2D peeking into shot on the previous video. Here's me playing one of George Blackmoor's Christmas Carol medleys on the Nord (which also has the Nord 27 note pedalboard). Hope you enjoy it.

Every Blessing

Tony

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Christmas Carol Medley - Nord C2D

Postby Brian007 » 01 Nov 2018 08:25

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting this in the challenge as it just the thing we are looking for Christmas music with just a little bit something different , as in your case
your own medley of Christmas music, which I enjoyed listening to very much, beautifully played.

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 01 Nov 2018 10:37

Hi Tony A nice medley for Christmas. Some of my favourites. You put your own stamp on them and made them an interesting listen. Liked the intro and ending. Very good listen. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby VAL7JEAN » 01 Nov 2018 14:52

Did I see a comment ' Have you tried Hauptwerk on your Nord Electronic instrument '
Perhaps I may with the help of Hugh, suggest a listen again to my last year's Christmas songs as these were Haupwerk played from a master keyboard.
VAL7JEAN

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 02 Nov 2018 07:41

Thanks Val7jean

I tried Hauptwerk at various times over the years, and I'm well aware of its capabilities - a friend has a 4 manual custom built console and a number of sample sets including classical & theatre organs. However, HW is rather more expensive than I'm prepared to pay at present. I use an open source pipe organ simulator programme at times, and MidiTzer controlled from a variety of different keyboards/organs at times.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 02 Nov 2018 07:42

Hi

Thanks for the comments folks - but please note that this was not my arrangements, they were written by the late George Blackmore.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby dragon » 02 Nov 2018 09:52

It is a bit too early for Carols in my opinion and perhaps this challenge should have started on December the 1st. That doesn't detract from your excellent playing and the really inspiring arrangements of this music. Looking at the photograph made me realise what a really good video this performance would have made. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Nov 2018 21:28

Tony,

Glad to have another selection of carols from you. Love the harmonies you are playing, which as you say are arranged by George Blackmore.

Fred .. we had wondered when to start this Christmas Challenge. But thinking about it, the Challenge will close on 30th November. Then we have to Vote on the entries .. which will be open until December 21st. So we will have a Winner/Winners in time for Christmas Day. Then Ian Wolstenholme will be preparing his Oldham Radio program towards the end of December, and it will come out in the first week of January 2019.

Had we started the Christmas Challenge on 1st December we would have been voting in January 2019 with a Winner/Winners being announced on 21st January. And Ian's program would be broadcasting Christmas Carols in February! He may very well not even want to broadcast them in January, as that is too late for Christmas.

All I can say is ... we have beaten Tesco hands down with our Christmas Festivities this year!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 03 Nov 2018 07:50

Hi

Timing of Christmas material can be difficult. In the days when I was producing Christian radio programmes, the tapes being mailed to various stations around the world, we produced the Christmas programmes in July to allow for any postal issues (such as packets being sent sea mail rather than air mail) - and even worse, when my wife was managing a Christian bookshop, some Christmas stock had to be ordered in January!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Jon D » 06 Nov 2018 18:24

Hi there Tony,
Another fine selection of numbers well played and that is a nice machine enjoyed my listen my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 07 Nov 2018 07:37

Thanks Jon
Image .. Image