Monthly Registrations Competition?

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Monthly Registrations Competition?

Postby NativeAngels » 10 Jan 2020 11:31

I thought it would be a good idea to have a monthly competition where a type of sound is selected at random and members have to create a registration (registration Yamaha / Keyboard Sets Korg). The best sounding registration wins ?
Image .. Image
NativeAngels
Super Poster

Re: Monthly Registrations Competition?

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Jan 2020 23:06

Hi James,

Registrations are so specific to one instrument I'm not sure we can have a Monthly Competition doing this. Not sure how many Members would want to take part .. as well as taking part in our 'Themed' Monthly Challenges.

But we are sort of doing something like this for the February Challenge. I have had this suggestion from Tucsondave:
Tunes played by and simulating the sounds of well known bands or orchestras such as Mantovani, Welk, Enoch Light, Miller, etc.

.. so that is what we are going to do for next month. A complete change from this month, where we were asking for no Style to be used at all, to something played with a Big Band Style, which is just about as busy as you can get.

Should suit you down to the ground as I know you have put several pieces up using Big Band Styles.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat