Getting The Most Out Of Your Existing Arrangers

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Getting The Most Out Of Your Existing Arrangers

Postby NativeAngels » 30 Aug 2019 20:41

As we have the next batch of Arrangers looming on the Horizon. I wonder what percentage of your existing arrangers features get used before you think about getting another or adding to your setup.
Image .. Image
NativeAngels
Super Poster

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Existing Arrangers

Postby Hugh-AR » 31 Aug 2019 20:13

Hi James,

Thing about a keyboard you already have is that you know where everything is and how to access what you want. I suppose when you get a new Yamaha keyboard it is possible to transfer all your old Yamaha Styles over to the new keyboard .. but you still have to get your head round how to access everything on a new keyboard.

On a keyboard I wouldn't be able to repeat the styles and sounds I like to use on the AR to play my songs, and that to me would be like a bereavement. And I can't 'upgrade' my organ as it is too old. So I think I'll stick to what I've got, despite the fact that most of the 'voices' have been improved over the years since my organ first came on the market. As for the Styles .. well, I put some of my own backing PARTS into some of the Styles I use and would have to use an 'off the shelf' Style on a new keyboard, which would not be something I would be interested in doing.

I reckon that the most popular keyboard will soon be the Yamaha PSR-SX900, which is their latest, and very competitive as far as price is concerned.

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab
http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7979

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat