Free VST - Cakewalk Studio Instruments

Virtual Voices, Music & Music Apps

Free VST - Cakewalk Studio Instruments

Postby Brian007 » 21 Jul 2020 11:26

Hi ALL,

Cakewalk by Band lab is a free Digital Audio Workstation which is free and is an alternative way of making music as opposed to a keyboard or Organ, this short video will give you an brief insight into some of the free instruments that come with Cakewalk , its a good way of adding new sounds to your music for free.

If there is enough interest in this new way of making music I will continue to add videos explaining how it works and reviews of new software and hardware , if there is not enough interest I will just not bother

All the best , Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Free VST - Cakewalk Studio Instruments

Postby kens » 21 Jul 2020 12:44

Hi! Brian.
Sounds awsome. Would it be possible to recreate something like the Jeff Beck music I posted in the video page? Presumably the programme uses a virtual keyboard. I believe some of our members may use something similar to quantise etc.
Do you have any pieces you have produced using it. regards Ken
Organ: Yamaha EL700
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2023 August (Joint Winner)
kens
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 21 Jul 2020 14:06

Hi Kens,

I am just starting to get into using a DAW and Vsts and up to now have not produce anything what could be called music, just getting used with how the whole setup works
but it would seem on the face of it that you are only limited by your own imagination and a decent computer , I am using a i5 laptop and my Yamaha SX700 as a midi keyboard and its worked fine for me , but I am just a beginner

I will post a few videos that I have found helpful over the course of the next few days

All the Best Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 22 Jul 2020 06:29

Hi ALL,

A video on the basic Midi set up in Cakewalk , I use the Midi out of my SX700 as a midi keyboard,

All the Best Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 22 Jul 2020 08:47

Hi Brian

Certainly interesting. I've used Steinberg Notator on an Atari computer for MIDI sequencing in the past (that dates me!). I've got a free version of Cubass on one computer, but I've not used it a great deal recently.

Free is always a good price if the product does what you need!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 22 Jul 2020 10:35

Hi Tony,

Free is a great price and there is a vast amount of free VSTs Virtual Instruments out there and provided you are prepared to take the time to search for what you want there is a lot available, I have only just started with this side of things myself ,I needed something new to keep the interest going and this is a good starting out point for me

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 23 Jul 2020 06:40

Hi ALL,

There are loads of free voices (VSTs ) out there , but how to correctly install them ? watch this video

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 24 Jul 2020 09:55

Hi ALL,

I am going to close this short thread about using Cakewalk with a very interesting video about using the Piano Roll feature for editing and correcting any mistakes you made in your midi recordings, if anyone has any questions about cakewalk post them here and I will best and find answers for them

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 24 Jul 2020 10:06

Brian,

What you have been putting up here is very interesting, and shows how one can create music a different way. We have always said that the TDP Forum is 'all about the music' and not 'all about the keyboard'. It's the finished product that we are aiming for, not how it was created. So if these ideas grab you and you can make music this way, then feel free to post it in the music sections of the Forum .. even do an entry for a Challenge.

Brian .. Keep posting your ideas as it may inspire someone to create something really interesting. I am not talking about 'composing' music here, just coming up with a version of a song that is different to just playing it on a keyboard. I think I have said elsewhere that many years ago I was talking to a friend of my son's called Lee, and when he knew I played an organ he let me listen to something he had done. I was completely amazed by what he had played, and said, "I didn't knbow you played a keyboard". To which he replied, "I don't. I have done all this on my laptop with a QWERTY keyboard".

I come back to my statement above.
It's all about the music and not all about the keyboard.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 24 Jul 2020 14:44

Hi Hugh,

I will certainly monitor this thread and if I find anything new to add to it at later date I certainly will, or try and answer any queries anyone has as regards to using Cakewak.

I am going to post some links in another thread staring on Monday for free VTS `s ( Free Voices ) which can be used with not only Cakewalk but the vast majority of other DAWs

So watch this space

All the Best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Creating music with programming