Hints for when browsing the TDP Forum

This will tell you a bit about TDP. You must be at least slightly curious, so why not take a look?

Hints for when browsing the TDP Forum

Postby Hugh-AR » 04 Jan 2018 17:10

Most of us have mobile phones/iPads/tablets. On these devices, whenever you want to leave what you are looking at there is a 'button' you can press that will take you straight back to the screen you see when you switch the device ON. You can then, from this 'home' page, move on to something else.

You can do something similar with the Forum. Wherever you are, when you are done with what you are looking at/posting, click on Board index. This can be found at the top of the screen, or scroll down to the very bottom and you will see Board index there too. This will take you back to the Index page and you can navigate to somewhere else from there.

Hugh
Yamaha AR 80 Player
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Hints for when browsing the TDP Forum

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Jan 2018 20:03

I was wanting to listen again to Ajay's Sleighride, but couldn't find it anywhere in the Christmas 2017 list. But I knew had had posted it! Took me a while to realise that there was a Page 2. And there it was, all on it's own. If there had been one more entry my Away In A Manger would have joined it.

Moral of this story: When viewing posts/topics always check to see if there is a Page 2.

Hugh
Yamaha AR 80 Player
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Hints for when browsing the TDP Forum

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Jan 2018 21:56

When you see a LINK in a post, if you left-click it you will leave the page you are viewing and be taken to the LINK page. This is a pain as you no longer have access to the topic you were viewing. And to get back to the page you were viewing you have to click the 'back button', top left of screen.

So instead, do a right-click and choose Open link in new tab (left-click that option). This will put the new topic in a tab at the top of the screen without taking you away from the page you are viewing. You then click on this Tab at the top to view the new topic .. and can go to the page you were originally viewing by clicking on that tab at the top. Toggle between the two to switch from one to the other.

This is particularly important when LINKing to MUSIC, as then, once you have started the music going, you can switch back to read the comments on the music, and even put a comment by clicking on POSTREPLY at the bottom whilst still listening to the music. I have tried to remember to put a comment above each music LINK to remind you to do this.

I have Rev Tony Newnham to thank for putting me right on this one.

Hugh
Yamaha AR 80 Player
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Guests & Visitors