Who`s buying the new Genos a free Poll

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Who's buying and who's not buying the new Yamaha Genos

I am definitely Buying
31%
I am not Buying
46%
Maybe later
23%

Total votes : 13

Who`s buying the new Genos a free Poll

Postby Brian007 » 05 Oct 2017 11:56

Hi all,

Heres a chance to let other members see if you're going to or not going to buy the new Genos by taking part in our anonymous poll, and it's completely free
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Who`s buying the new Genos a free Poll

Postby Tomhip » 14 Oct 2017 14:04

I’m buying one
Tomhip

Postby Brian007 » 14 Oct 2017 14:45

Hi Tomhip,

Well done you look forward to hearing some of the music you produce on it

Brian007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 14 Oct 2017 23:26

Mine is on order. Hope to have it in November.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 15 Oct 2017 06:50

Hi Eileen,

Well done you also, you will be able to keep us informed all about it

All the best Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 19 Oct 2017 07:53

I'm sure you will have realised that the poll choice you made is highlighted in bold in the question options. Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 19 Oct 2017 11:36

Hi Hugh,

Its what's called hedging my bets, :lol: but basically I can't see it at the moment , but who knows what might happen
may win the lottery, plus I think at the moment I am more that happy with the T5 I have, so no rush and I am starting to
lean more towards the Ipad anyway as it offers a lot of flexibility, but never say never

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby PeteOfWA » 20 Oct 2017 18:13

This is one of those questions that can be hard to answer. I selected "yes" ... in part because my first Tyros was a Tyros 4 ... inconveniently purchased just before the Tyros 5 was released. (If I'd known, I'd have waited.)

I am very happy with the Tyros 4 -- but (as with any electronic device) it has its limitations.

I've listened to the YouTube demonstrations of the Genos ... and it seems to have more realistic (or, at least, some better sounding) voices.

The attraction is being able to have 76 keys. While the 61 keys is usable, there are just enough pieces of music that I like to play that run into "issues" with the split keyboard. (It's also a factor that the Alesis Quadrasynth that was my first "good" keyboard also had 76 keys...)

The questions are all about backward compatibility and/or what Yamaha plans to do about upgrades from Tyros models. I have invested (time, money, or both) in a substantial number of style files -- and I have several upgrade voice packages. (I also like a few of the Tyros legacy voices...)

FWIW, I downloaded the Genos user manual, and I'm reviewing it to see what I can discern about the topics I touched upon here.
PeteOfWA

Postby Hugh-AR » 20 Oct 2017 21:16

One thing that I found quite interesting about the Genos is that it has a 'touch screen'. Now we are all so used to setting things up by 'touching the screen' I thought this would be an ideal way to do things. But now I'm not so sure ...

I have read that there are two sorts of 'touch screen' .. Resistive and Capacitative. Our Mobiles and iPads are 'capacitative' and respond instantly to touch (as well we know). But they are saying that the Genos screen is 'resistive' and doesn't respond too well to the touch (it's cheaper to do a resistive screen than a capacitative one). I had no idea that there even were two methods of creating a touch screen. I thought a 'touch screen' was a 'touch screen'.

So they are saying that to set things up you really have to go all out with your 'tapping' or it won't respond to what you are asking it to do. Can't be doing with that! Anybody heard anything about this?

Hugh

PS. I reckon my VW Polo car has a 'resistive' screen for the Radio as I have a devil of a job changing stations or trying to call somebody with the 'Hands Free' facility.

Pete .. I had also read somewhere that all Tyros Style Files/Voice Packages etc. will be fully compatible with the Genos .. but not as of this moment as they haven't finished the software to enable the Genos to do this. But you will be able to do it eventually. Anbody know anything about this?
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 20 Oct 2017 22:36

To answer a few questions. All the things you have been using on previous Yamaha models will work fine. Styles and registrations along with midi files all load fine. The premium packs will be converted for Genos and you will be able to download these free from you account in Music soft site as we have in the past.
There will be an updated version of YEM out in November that will give greater editing of voices etc. Those people who already have Genos say the screen works very well and is very easy to use. The one thing everyone agrees with is that the sound in beautiful.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 21 Oct 2017 07:00

Hi ALL,

One thing we can be sure of is it will be a very interesting and possibly turbulent few months as the rollout of the new keyboard progresses and different types of users get their hands on them and start to feedback their likes and dislikes and post their music so we can all hear and see the difference, should be interesting ?

Brianb007 :D :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 28 Oct 2017 15:16

Quite a few people are getting there's in the States France and Germany and there is a lot of discussion over on the PSR Tutorial site.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation