Genos

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Genos

Postby golfer » 22 Sep 2017 16:07

Hi there I have seen most of the snippets on the Genos but I have not seen any speakers they normally show them on a new model. I can see that they connected to external amp but are the speakers still on corners? .
golfer

Re: Genos

Postby Fred » 22 Sep 2017 17:18

Looking at one of the pics of the Genos it would appear that the holes on the back of the keyboard are the same, so something similar to the Tyros 5 is expected. We will just have to wait and see.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 23 Sep 2017 11:50

Yes speakers and woofer will be available as with other Tyros models. Looks as if this Genos is going to be a feast of new sound quality and lots of new styles and functions. Plus the touch screen so many have been asking for.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Sep 2017 15:32

Eileen,

Presumably your Tyros 5 (and Tyros 4, 3, 2 and 1) doesn't have a 'touch screen'? Because we are so used to Mobiles and iPads etc. with touch screens we almost expect to be able to 'touch the screen' to do something. When I go to Tesco to fill my car up with petrol I always use the 'Pay at Pump' option. The number of times I have tried touching the screen to do something only to find I am supposed to press the 'buttons' underneath!! And then there's my Laptop. I keep trying to press the screen on that to do things too. Mind you, it's not always my fault as the screen often says eg. "Tap here to connect to Wi-Fi". Which I can't obviously do. I think Windows 10 was basically written for 'touch screen' devices. And my Laptop is not one of them.

So as I see it, the 'touch screen' of the new Genos will be the number one reason for changing from a Tyros. Yes, there may be new sounds, but surely the Tyros 5 has enough choices for what we would want to play?

Then it's always possible that the Genos will be a completely different concept from the Tyros and the 'normal' way of playing a keyboard.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 25 Sep 2017 12:37

Hi Golfer,

You up for an upgrade to the Genos then ?

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 25 Sep 2017 15:15

HI Brian long time no see I will soon be at your door for a loan interest free I hope.
Bill
golfer

Postby Brian007 » 25 Sep 2017 16:51

Hi Bill,

Yes I haven't managed to make it to the club much lately as the daughter comes up from Leeds to do training in Newcastle for the firm she works for
on the first monday of the month and we go out for a meal on that night and she catches a late train back to Leeds so it difficult at the moment.

I reckon you will need up to or around £2000 to upgrade which is a lot of money for us pensioners :lol: :lol:

Taake care, Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Eileen » 23 Oct 2017 13:30

Yes Genos is a brand new concept in many ways and people that already have it are loving playing it. We should have them here in the UK any time now. The USA got there's first this time.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation