Three way split.

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

Three way split.

Postby Eileen » 10 Apr 2022 12:45

How many of you use this
It can be very useful to have your keyboard set up with three Split points. Have you ever just wanted to fill in a space where you have a bar or two space in a song with a different instrument but don't really have time to press a button and then get back with the main voice you are using. or you just want to change the voice without pressing buttons.
The third split will contain the voice you have selected for right three so have in mind what voice you want to use when setting your registration up. What ever you have set to Right 1 and 2 will play the main melody of your song and playing above the split you set will play your 3rd voice. Make sure you have the ACMP button on.
Select Split Point and Fingering in Menu 1.You will now see you normal split point. At the bottom of the screen on the Left you will see Right three. Press this and use the wheel to advance to where you want the split to be. Now what ever voice you have selected for Right 3 will sound when using the split you have chosen.
According to what voice you have chosen you may find you need to drop it by an octave. To do this
just select right three and press the white voice button. Here you can alter the octave to suit as well as making any other adjustments to volume and effects. When you have it as you want it you Must save it into a registration bank. You can set up to ten different ones in the bank or just choose a couple. The choice is yours. Do remember then to save the registration bank and name it.
Remember when using this to make sure you DO NOT have parameter lock on or it will not work.
..Hope this has been of use to you.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Re: Three way split.

Postby briber » 16 Nov 2022 15:54

Thanks for that Eileen,
I tried that a while ago but find that my fingers aren't quick enough to make use as I wish.

With a two manual organ like the AR I could set it up and then just drop my hands to the lower, as and when. But stretching to the right, I'm too slow.
briber
Novice Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation