GENOS REGISTRATION BANKS

The new Yamaha Genos 'top of the range' Workstation.

GENOS REGISTRATION BANKS

Postby ken horton » 04 Mar 2019 23:18

I have just bought a used one two days ago and of course know nothing about the instrument yet but came up with not being able to delete the present list of tunes saved to the registration banks, the previous owner who I cannot contact has saved several tune titles which I assume are registrations but when I follow the manual to delete the files the delete wording is greyed out and clicking on it does nothing. The reason for wanting to delete now is that i suspect other settings keep reverting to earlier settings such as the split point each time I switch on which may be because they were saved into registrations as well. Has anyone any idea how I can delete these files please Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: GENOS REGISTRATION BANKS

Postby ken horton » 05 Mar 2019 14:44

Having had a little time to think about my query I decided that as a used instrument it may have all sorts of funnies loaded so taking a chance I did a factory reset, the answer seems to be that these are factory loaded presets ( could not find a mention of that in the manual ) as most were still there when I re started ! Obviously you can't delete a factory reg. Live and learn ! Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 05 Mar 2019 18:34

Hi Ken they are probably the playlist examples with things like Eye of the Tiger and Amazing Grace. This is the new system that has taken over from Music Finder. You will find a lot more of these to use on the Genos free download site. Also the Audio styles that were used in Tyros 5. Worth downloading.
You can of course select your split point and then lock it in using the parameter lock. Go to Menu and select Utility and select it. Put a tick in things you don't want altered when loading in third party content.

Here is the download site for all the extra's and updates.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby ken horton » 06 Mar 2019 19:56

Thanks Eileen you have been a great help, and to other members I must tell you.....Eileen has been a tremendous help in a couple of PM's to sort out some of the basics which I had not grasped. The change from what I would call conventional organ controls to the Genos is quite a culture shock and until the mind starts to adjust to the new methods it takes some time to sink in, quite frankly i was floundering, maybe because after 7 months I am also still learning the Ringway's Oriental way of doing things. Ken (H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 06 Mar 2019 22:51

Eileen,

Thanks for keeping an eye on the TDP Forum and answering questions like this. For anyone reading this, Eileen's Forum (Keyboard Players Forum) is 100% geared up to Genos (which Eileen plays) and the Tyros.

http://www.yamahakeyboardplayers.com/

The reasoning behind running any Forum is to provide information to Members on how to get the best out of their keyboards. And once a Member is sufficiently confident in playing, to be able to record what they play and post it for other Members to listen to. A Forum is structured so you can find information on anything you want to know about your keyboard. On Eileen's site there are 384 topics on the Genos. Ken .. if you join Eileen's site you may very well find some interesting Questions and Answers in Eileen's Genos pages.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Yamaha Genos Workstation