Big Band Glasgow Pub

This board is for music videos that you have really enjoyed watching. Post anything you come across in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Big Band Glasgow Pub

Postby papadeedee » 29 Nov 2016 18:30

My wife and I popped into this pub to hear the band one Saturday afternoon recently. For the price of a drink you get a fabulous band.
The band is called "The Bobby Deans Big Band" I hadn't realised Bobby died a while back. I was surprised to see Michael Deans there, Bobby's brother.
He is a friend of mine and he told me that he was asked to take over the band.
He has another group, a five piece jazz band. I remember he was really made up when they had a week at the famous Ronnie Scott's in London.
I am saying all this because there are some brilliant musicians in Glasgow and Michael is one of the best.
In his younger days he was the band leader of the Ram Jam Band, Geno Washington's band.
Anyway, I took this video from the pubs Facebook page. I think it is worth a listen.

https://youtu.be/U_eHJxQZtrE
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: Big Band Glasgow Pub

Postby JohnT » 29 Nov 2016 19:16

Hi Brian. Yes worth a listen Surprising what is out there, but are pub and club artists dwindling because of closures. By the way mines a pint of lager. All the best John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Big Band Glasgow Pub

Postby Brian007 » 30 Nov 2016 07:41

Hi Brian,

I beat there was a real good atmosphere in that pub, you could see from the video it was pack, the sound they had was very good and I woud have like to have seen and heard more, you mention Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, seen then live years ago now that was an experience.

Thanks for posting.

Brian007 8) 8)
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Music Videos Member's Choice