North east keyboard club. 14/3/2016

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

North east keyboard club. 14/3/2016

Postby JohnT » 15 Mar 2016 13:43

Hi Everyone. Just an updat regarding last night. There were 12 members present and 7 played. The Tyros 4 and the new Yamaha 970 supplied by Billy.
It was an excellent night a varied selection of tunes etc. There was an impromptu duo of JonD and Bobby playing a couple of improvised tunes.
There was also a surprise backing group of Chris, JonD and Bobby with their maracas and tambourines.It kept us all amused and tired them out.
We also had a short session on loading sounds and styles into the tyros. Which was useful. Thanks Lyn for providing useful information. Also George, Brian and Terry. Perhaps the next time putting them into folders. Also some members need a little help on improvisation and chords. Some thing to look into for future meetings.
The next night is Monday 21/3 and it is band night. Please bring book five. See you there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: North east keyboard club. 14/3/2016

Postby Georgeandmarj » 15 Mar 2016 18:59

Hi all.
A good entertaining night with something for everyone. It looked like hard work with the two on the maracas, I think I'll stick to using the multipads.

Georgeandmarj.
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Re: North east keyboard club. 14/3/2016

Postby Jon D » 15 Mar 2016 21:11

Hi there George you are dead right it was that hard I was keep looking at the ground to see that nothing had fallen off my body a good night my friends. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jon D. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Musicmakers club 21/3

Postby JohnT » 22 Mar 2016 16:53

Hi Everyone. Well I know I keep saying it but another excellent night of over two hours of playing. There were eight members present and seven brought keyboards. A particular thanks once again for Harry who lead us. I think all members appreciate his leadership. I do believe we are improving our playing and sight reading. I personally find it useful and helps me concentrate on timing and rests.
The next night is Monday 4/4 and the theme is big band swing. Hope to see you all there. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies