New Challenges: Thoughts, Ideas and Suggestions

If you have a piece of music that fits a Theme, please post in here.
Any member can start a New Theme ... just make it clear what your 'theme' is and away you go.

Re: New Challenges: Thoughts, Ideas and Suggestions

Postby Brian007 » 30 Aug 2016 13:11

Hi Mike,

Yes it's a good job I am sitting when I saw this post :lol: :lol: anyway good to hear from you.

On the question of previously recorded material being posted in the challenge fair comment that for me isn't a big problem,
but I do think that it should not have been previously posted in any other sections on this forum as it may lead to repetitions

So how about we say
Your own previously recorded music can be posted in the challenge section as long as it has not been posted in any other section of this forum ?

So any thoughts and comments on this update ? now would be a good time

Brian007
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 30 Aug 2016 13:21

That sounds fair to me ... nice one Brian 8)

Mike
Mike Bracchi

Postby Mike Bracchi » 30 Aug 2016 13:25

PS, I have sold the Tyros and replaced it with a Hammond EX-1 ... hopefully I will post a recording or two soon ;)
My EL70 is also on fleaBay - gonna get a BK7M with the proceeds of that giving me up to date styles and voices with the Hammond drawbar sounds ... nice :)

Mike
Mike Bracchi

Postby Brian007 » 30 Aug 2016 13:39

Hi Mike,

Look forward to hearing the Hammond EX-1 and always fancied one but never had the courage to buy one.
The BK7M is a nice unit and I am sure Keith had one. Look forward to hearing your music on hear.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply on the challenge section issues and well post the updated guidelines later.

Brian007 8) 8)
ImageImageImage
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby KRUG » 01 Sep 2016 20:00

The whole point of the "Challenge" was to give a focus and encouragement for people to sit down and play something new. Purely as a matter of semantics you cannot challenge someone to do something that has already been completed. If people wish to post their party pieces the "Performance" section is for that purpose. I see no point in continuing the "Challenge" when it is not one. If you are the type of musician who needs to spend many hours compiling a piece using all kinds of technical wizadry then by all means do so as part of the "Challenge." There was nothing about the "Challenge" which prevented this but it was never meant to be a place to display old recordings and on many occasions this was clearly stated.

By the way..."How does the newly defined "Challenge" set it apart from the "Performance Section?" Do what you want when you want. Do not feel that you have to do anything new or even play something to fit given criteria - however tenuous. That is not my idea of a Challenge and I hope that those who feel that this is the way to go dust off their keyboards and cupboards and make it a success.

Keith
KRUG
Prolific Poster

Previous

Return to Themes