Challenge Male Names

If you have a piece of music that fits a Theme, please post in here.
Any member can start a New Theme ... just make it clear what your 'theme' is and away you go.

Re: New Challenge 21/1/16 (Male Names)

Postby JohnT » 28 Jan 2016 17:11

Hi Ken. Never heard that one. You must be out of breath with all that playing. A nice pleasant listen. Easy on the ears. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby kens » 28 Jan 2016 22:24

Hi! Keith. Played with feeling. Nice one Ken
kens
Super Poster

Postby kens » 28 Jan 2016 22:27

rush job to catch the closure. Why Do I love You. Ken

https://app.box.com/s/7fv7nj4vk9klv8u26pj83tazzrfnmdbk
kens
Super Poster

Postby Brian007 » 29 Jan 2016 08:29

Hi Ken,

"Why Do I love You" another good one, nice voices and well played

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Keith,

Gabriel`s Oboe was a very nice and easy piece to listen to, the voices you used fit it perfectly, well played.

Brian007 :D :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 29 Jan 2016 09:43

Hi Ken Another good one. Nice and easy listen. I don't think I have time to play anymore. There has been a good response to the challenge. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 08 Jul 2016 00:21

Now here is a song entitled Charlie Brown, but it's not the Charlie Brown (he is a clown) as sung by the Coasters. I heard it as a teenager and rushed out to buy the 45rpm record. I seem to remember it was a 'male' group singing in harmony .. and probably American. Unfortunately, I no longer have the record, so here is a "Challenge" for anyone listening to this. Who did sing this song? And is it really called Charlie Brown? Maybe my memory is failing me.

Charlie Brown

https://app.box.com/s/iwa3ypcr6ojw8aor66jn19ifxo3ye7eu

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby KRUG » 08 Jul 2016 11:27

Hi Hugh, Sorry but cannot help you with the title as I do not even recognise the tune.

Keith
KRUG
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 08 Jul 2016 12:17

Hi Hugh. Enjoyed my listen but like Keith unable to give it a title. However keep them coming enjoy your playing. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Challenge Male Names

Postby Hugh-AR » 17 Jul 2016 15:12

Mike .. "Walt meets Ludwig Van B" (click this LINK below to go to Mike's posting where he plays this tune)

Walt meets Ludwig Van B

Now that was an eye opener. I had thought that your skills would be exclusively those required as Administrator of this website, but it would appear that you are also a superb keyboard player. Loved the way you have put this 'classical' piece together .. with a Rhythm and a Style. Reminds me very much of the "Hooked on Classics" series done by Louis Clark and the London Philharmonic Orchestra. For those classical 'purists' amongst you this might not be your cup of tea, but I think this is a great arrangement .. and you have got all the various instruments perfectly 'balanced'.

Brian D .. "Won't you come home, Bill Bailey" (click this LINK below to go to Brian's posting where he plays this tune)

Bill Bailey

This is a superb arrangement too. I see you have multi-tracked this as there is a piano playing along with the main tune, which fits in nicely. And your improvisation of the melody when you get going with the 'electronic piano' is a real pleasure to listen to. Some deft fingerwork going on there.

Hugh
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 17 Jul 2016 16:13

Another from me. Girls names or Boys names? One of each here! Bonnie and Clyde. This came out in 1967 by Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames. I used to play this on the piano, vamping the chords, and playing the melody low down on the piano so I could 'cross hands' and play the chord on the off beat 'above' the melody. Never played this on the organ as I didn't know how to play it like this. Then it occurred to me that I could 'program' the 'chord on the off-beat' into a backing PART of the Style. Put it higher than the melody .. and I wouldn't have to do any 'cross hands'. This is how it has ended up ...

The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde

https://app.box.com/s/6cu3jcngb4x5nl70sxxra1n6n8w9zgnf

One of my grand-daughters is 'into' dancing (on the stage) and one of the dances they did was to the music of Bonnie and Clyde. She was about 12 years old at the time. After seeing the show, I thought I would play the above as a surprise. Show her that her grand-dad was quite knowledgeable with the things she was doing. When I had finished playing, she said, "What was that called Grandad?" She didn't even recognise that the tune I had played was the same as the one she had been dancing to! Well, that says something for my playing!

Hugh
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 20 Jul 2016 09:58

Hi Hugh. Enjoyed my listen. Nice style and sounds to match. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Previous

Return to Themes