New Challenge Any tune starting with I

If you have a piece of music that fits a Theme, please post in here.
Any member can start a New Theme ... just make it clear what your 'theme' is and away you go.

Re: New Challenge (Any tune starting with I) 13/11/15

Postby Brian007 » 10 Jul 2016 07:37

Hi Hugh,

You can certainly get a good full sound out of that organ, enjoyed listening to it

Brian007 8) 8)
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: New Challenge Any tune starting with I

Postby Hugh-AR » 10 Jul 2016 12:50

Any tune starting with 'I' means 'me' to my mind. And that would include I've, I'm, I'd. So using an 'I' in the context of It's really is stretching a point. But you've already played this one, Brian, so here's a version from me. When I first heard this when it came out in 1958 by Conway Twitty, I was amazed that you could write a song with just one note playing for a whole bar, then moving up one note for another bar, and then moving up again .. and doing that again and again. What a simple idea is that? And even more amazed that it should become a 'hit' in USA, UK and in 22 other countries. But must admit I did like the way it was sung.

It's Only Make Believe

https://app.box.com/s/o89zc3thdqylwwufa66bl6azew6fu3gd

Bit of 'wha-wha' in the background. And the 'repeating piano' in the second half of this song is one of the PARTS from my 'Style'. With the AR, there are eight 'Parts' in a Style: Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Bass, Chord 1, Chord 2, Pad, Phrase 1 and Phrase 2. And any number of these can be included/excluded when playing a piece. It is also fairly easy to delete an existing 'Part' and program in one of your own (well, I think so, anyway). And this is what I have done here. The 'repeating piano' is not in the original Style selected from the AR's bank of 'Styles', but one I have 'adjusted' by putting in the 'repeating piano'. I do this quite a bit, particularly with 50s and 60s music, as this is the sort of thing they used to do.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 10 Jul 2016 13:43

Hi Hugh. Nice version of Conway Twitty remember it well. Enjoyed it nice and simple. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 10 Jul 2016 15:43

Hi Hugh,

A good version It's Only Make Believe, well played and voiced, enjoyed listening to it

Brian007 8) 8)
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Previous

Return to Themes