New Challenge Any tune starting with I

If you have a piece of music that fits a Theme, please post in here.
Any member can start a New Theme ... just make it clear what your 'theme' is and away you go.

Re: New Challenge (Any tune starting with I) 13/11/15

Postby Brian007 » 10 Jul 2016 07:37

Hi Hugh,

You can certainly get a good full sound out of that organ, enjoyed listening to it

Brian007 8) 8)
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: New Challenge Any tune starting with I

Postby Hugh-AR » 10 Jul 2016 12:50

Any tune starting with 'I' means 'me' to my mind. And that would include I've, I'm, I'd. So using an 'I' in the context of It's really is stretching a point. But you've already played this one, Brian, so here's a version from me. When I first heard this when it came out in 1958 by Conway Twitty, I was amazed that you could write a song with just one note playing for a whole bar, then moving up one note for another bar, and then moving up again .. and doing that again and again. What a simple idea is that? And even more amazed that it should become a 'hit' in USA, UK and in 22 other countries. But must admit I did like the way it was sung.

It's Only Make Believe

https://app.box.com/s/o89zc3thdqylwwufa66bl6azew6fu3gd

Bit of 'wha-wha' in the background. And the 'repeating piano' in the second half of this song is one of the PARTS from my 'Style'. With the AR, there are eight 'Parts' in a Style: Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Bass, Chord 1, Chord 2, Pad, Phrase 1 and Phrase 2. And any number of these can be included/excluded when playing a piece. It is also fairly easy to delete an existing 'Part' and program in one of your own (well, I think so, anyway). And this is what I have done here. The 'repeating piano' is not in the original Style selected from the AR's bank of 'Styles', but one I have 'adjusted' by putting in the 'repeating piano'. I do this quite a bit, particularly with 50s and 60s music, as this is the sort of thing they used to do.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 10 Jul 2016 13:43

Hi Hugh. Nice version of Conway Twitty remember it well. Enjoyed it nice and simple. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 10 Jul 2016 15:43

Hi Hugh,

A good version It's Only Make Believe, well played and voiced, enjoyed listening to it

Brian007 8) 8)
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Previous

Return to Themes