Hammond X-66 Sound-pack For Tyros 3, 4 and 5

General discussions about Yamaha keyboards

Hammond X-66 Sound-pack For Tyros 3, 4 and 5

Postby Mike Bracchi » 09 Apr 2014 09:36

Hammond X66 for Tyros

The 'Hammond Sound' .... What is it?

Many would argue that it's the sound of the B3 played in a style similar to Jimmy Smith, Joey DeFrancesco or Tony Monaco ... but not me ... I would liken that to an artist with a paint palette containing every conceivable colour shade but only ever using the same three or four colours to paint with ... Image

Enter the unique and stunning sounds of the Hammond X-66 ....

We've captured the unique sound from a original Hammond X66 organ. For the first time ever you can enjoy these amazing sounds on your own instrument.

The Hammond X66 sound-pack contains 11 high quality sampled sounds. You will love it. These sounds have the quality to use in professional recordings.

That's why the famous Dutch producer Jurgen Kuppens has chosen the Tastensounds sound-packs to use in his new recordings.

X-66 Soundpack Demo .... https://app.box.com/s/r7z9fg287d9z65oa1cpp

For further details or to order visit .... http://www.tastensounds.com/webshop/ind ... mon%2Fhome
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Hammond X-66 Sound-pack For Tyros 3, 4 and 5

Postby Brian007 » 09 Apr 2014 16:47

Do not have a tyros but still not that impressed from what I heard in the demo,
may be its just not to my taste.

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby keyboardplayer » 09 Apr 2014 17:24

organ
Brian007 wrote:Do not have a tyros but still not that impressed from what I heard in the demo,
may be its just not to my taste.

Brian

hi brian, what is it that you are not impressed with, the tyros or the sounds of the x66, which in the late 1960s was often considered sui generis - a sound so stupendous that it out shone the sound of all other hammond models. it is good that we all have differing tastes liife would be a real bor otherwise, but im still intigued to no which :wink:
KBP
keyboardplayer

Postby Brian007 » 09 Apr 2014 18:00

Its not the Tyros I am un-impressed with, I think its a great keyboard and would love one ( if I could afford one )
and love the sound of most Hammond organs, but those in the demo did not inspire me. Must be a B3 man
Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby andyg » 11 May 2014 10:58

Apart from the [no doubt deliberate] low quality of the mp3 clip, that's a good capture of the X66.

A B3 it is not, for sure, and the Hammond purist will always shun the X66, but for me it's a superb instrument. No other Hammond, or indeed any other electronic organ, sounded like this. If I had the room, I'd have one in a heartbeat! Not many of them in the UK - just over 40 were imported - and some of them have met their maker, but a few survive. I have a few invites to play and record on them but they are a tad far away for a quick visit.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Chit Chat