Audacity

Anything to do with Audio recording, look in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Audacity

Postby royofherts » 07 Feb 2016 09:56

Hi and good morning to you all, I am haveing trouble recording with Audacity when i start the recording i get a large blue shape like a pear on it's side then a straight blue line , last week it started recording as soon as i hit record button even though it is on record at first touch any one any ideas as it is driving me round the bend. Roy
royofherts
Super Poster

Re: Audacity

Postby Mike Bracchi » 07 Feb 2016 12:00

Hi Roy,

Can you post a screenshot of what you get so I can look into it further for you ... this is easy to do using the 'Print Scrn' button (next to Scroll Lock) on your keyboard and then open 'Paint' and press the 'clip-board' button at the top left hand side of page - once the screenshot is visible in 'Paint' save it and then attach the file to a reply post.

It may also help to know what version of Audacity you have installed on your PC ... the latest version is 2.1.3 and can be found here http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby royofherts » 07 Feb 2016 15:42

Hi Mike thanks for your reply that button do's not seem to working on my keyboard, it has deciced to start recording on its own again this gives a continuse blue line about 1 inch wide.Roy
royofherts
Super Poster

Postby papadeedee » 09 May 2016 16:22

Hi Roy,
I don't use audacity, I use Cakewalk Music Creator 6, it was not expensive but you may wish to explore more free alternatives. Here is a link to a few of them.
https://www.iskysoft.com/audio-solution ... ative.html
Brian
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 10 May 2016 08:43

Hi

Sounds like you need to zoom out the horizontal axis to see the actual waveform. Not sure where the relevant controls are on Audacity. I've got it on a couple of machines, but rarely use it - and then only for recording. I prefer Sony Audio Forge studio for stereo edits.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 30 Jul 2017 22:15

Brian .. your LINK to a variety of recording programs as alternatives to Audacity is very helpful. I wonder if any Members have tried any of these? I also have a FREE version of WavePad Sound Editor by NCH Software (a New Zealand Company) on my Laptop. I have a 'Paid for' version of this on my Windows XP desktop computer which I used to use all the time, but I use my Laptop now for recording and have got used to Audacity .. and Audacity really is FREE to use.

Roy .. I have done a series of postings on Recording to Audacity which you will find at the top of this section.

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=6076

I suspect that you were recording via the 'internal' microphone and speaker of your laptop, which was causing feedback .. hence the 'pear shape'. I did this myself when first using Audacity, and then realised I could only use an external recording source if I connected that up first and then ran Audacity .. and chose the external source from the drop-down box at the top of the screen.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Audio Recording