Recording to CD

Anything to do with Audio recording, look in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Recording to CD

Postby golfer » 24 Nov 2014 12:30

Hi All
Is there a video on how to record your playing and move it to making a CD
had a look on you tube but not very good Thanks Bill
golfer

Re: Recording to CD

Postby Wally Gator » 24 Nov 2014 15:49

What keyboard do you have?
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby golfer » 26 Nov 2014 15:32

Hi
Sorry I am a bit late but thank you for your reply I have a tyros4 10th generation still not sure what does what and how to save my recording and burn a CD hope you can help BILL
golfer

Postby Wally Gator » 26 Nov 2014 16:03

golfer wrote:Hi
Sorry I am a bit late but thank you for your reply I have a tyros4 10th generation still not sure what dose what and how to save my recording and burn a CO hope you can help BILL

That's the reason I asked which keyboard you have. Sorry, I don't have a Tyros. I'm pretty sure there are some good instructions on the PSR Tutorial Home pages.
Check here Item 4 under Playing:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

Also try these videos:

They aren't very good but maybe you'll pick something up from them.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby golfer » 26 Nov 2014 17:04

Hi Wally thank for the feed back I will have a look Bill
golfer

Postby Wally Gator » 26 Nov 2014 23:21

golfer wrote:Hi Wally thank for the feed back I will have a look Bill

This obviously isn't a very popular subject. Either that or everyone is busy. I'm just surprised you didn't get responses.
It's a hard subject to cover I think.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 07 Aug 2017 16:21

Hi Bill,

I know it is a while since you asked the question about how to record with your Tyros 4 and make a CD. If you want to make a CD of your music you first have to do an 'Audio' recording as a WAV file. I have explained how to do this using Audacity in a topic on Recording that I have posted:

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=5435

But you are in luck with your Tyros 4. I don't have a Tyros, but from the first YouTube clip Wally has given us above it would seem that your Tyros 4 will record directly to WAV. This is mentioned right at the start of the video. So record some tracks as WAV files, put them on your Memory Stick and transfer them to your computer. In the video, he does some 'multi-tracking' too. What a fantastic sound the Tyros 4 has!

Once you have all the songs you want transferred to your computer (best to number them in order) you have to use CD burning software to make the CD. I use NERO,but there are plenty of others around (any suggestions from anyone else?). Just one thing to add about this, computers tend to do things in a funny order, and always do the last one first. So I normally highlight the second track, hold the SHIFT key down and click on the last track (highlighting the block). Then hold the CTRL key down and click on the first track (ie. the first track is the last to be added). I then find when I 'add' them into the program the tracks appear in the right order.

Hope this is of help. Perhaps you have already made your CD, and if so, can you please tell us how you did it?

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Audio Recording