I only have Eyes for you

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

I only have Eyes for you

Postby ken horton » 09 Jul 2018 19:31

Hi, This is second tune played on just my Technics KN 7000, which is normally used for the styles because up to now the two units,(Ringway RS 1000e and Technice Kbd) have not been seeing eye to eye, hopefully a new mixer will cure the fault.

The tune goes way back to about 1932 / 4 music by Harry Warren, a few of wrong notes and a couple missing entirely (dampness in the keyboard I am reliably informed !) But I had a devil of a time getting anything on record, a simple melody but boy how many silly mistakes can you make ? I ran out of counting but it was approximately just 3 ( days that is )

https://app.box.com/s/scs1cp0zh7ryi5an6rmelxczw4x9qr3j

Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: I only have Eyes for you

Postby Jon D » 09 Jul 2018 21:01

Hello there Ken,
That was a smart performance well played and voiced I enjoyed listening my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That give me a good grounding. Cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Jul 2018 22:58

Hi Ken,

Your Technics certainly records well on it's own. Full stereo, which is always good to listen to.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 10 Jul 2018 06:31

Hi Ken,

Some great voices in that KN7000 and that was a good version of that tune,

All the best, Brian007
Image Image Image
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 September (Joint Winner)
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby ken horton » 10 Jul 2018 09:26

Thanks to all for all the comments, yes there are some very good voices and styles in the KN, it's a pity I have not fully used this instrument because it has some features I have never used among which are 8 bar solos that you can pop into your own recording, it's cheating but if you did that they are so good it would give the game away and show up my own playing !

The KN7000 I understand was the last KN model keyboard they made but some say the earlier KN 5000 was better, but what ever the choice I read a comment somewhere but not substantiated that Yamaha used the Technics keyboard ideas in their new Tyros, a tribute to Technics but now I think the Yamaha Genus has moved on considerably.
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby JohnT » 10 Jul 2018 14:02

Hi Ken. That was a nice easy listen with some good sounds. The kn 7000 takes some beating with its overall design and sounds. As I said must get mine out of the wardrobe and try it not sure how to post with it. So I only use Tyros 5 must do a post on performance section although have managed to do one on the challenge. Keep them coming. Golf wasn’t bad today. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby jackoj » 10 Jul 2018 17:43

Hi Ken,
Very nice performance from the KN5000 they still have a lot to offer,well played. TFS ASB. jackoj. :) :) :) :)

Image HAPPY PLAYING 2018
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances