Cherry-Pink.

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Cherry-Pink.

Postby Jon D » 08 Jul 2018 18:40

Hi there I put this one on another site thought you might like to listen ????? my good friends. :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://app.box.com/s/p5iqqesjan9q40acoeh2n47nit0g6b1g

Jon D. :D :D :shock:
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That give me a good grounding. Cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Re: Cherry-Pink.

Postby JohnT » 08 Jul 2018 19:06

Hi Jon Another good listen I think from memory Eddie Calvert played it. Usual nice mixture of sounds. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 08 Jul 2018 19:50

Hi there John,
thank you for listening pleased it was OK for you my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That give me a good grounding. Cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 09 Jul 2018 06:42

hi Jon D.

One pf my favourites from Eddie Calvert, can vaguely remeber seeing him on the TV playing this one Saturday night.
good choice of voices and style and well played as all your numbers are.

All the best, Brian007 :D :D
Image Image Image
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 September (Joint Winner)
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 09 Jul 2018 12:40

Hi there Brian,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments much appreciated pleased it was to your liking my very good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby TerryR » 09 Jul 2018 15:34

Hi Jon

Some lovely sounds and your choice of instruments fits the bill perfect. Takes me back to the dance halls of the 60s. Gives me something to aim for!

Terry
TerryR
Novice Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Jul 2018 16:21

Hi Jon,

We always used to play this piece in the band. I remember the trumpeter used to start off the first line .. and then we would all stop playing while he 'slid' his trumpet right down, and back up again .. and then we would all join in with that solid beat. Must have been a nightmare if you were trying to dance to it!

You have played this so well .. as always!

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 09 Jul 2018 16:24

Hello there Terry, and Hugh,
Thank you both for listening pleased it was OK for you both I much appreciate your kind comments my very good friends. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 09 Jul 2018 22:46

Although it was probably the Eddie Calvert version we were mimicking in the band, I think this one by Perez "Prez" Prado and his Orchestra shows better how our trumpeter used to 'slide' his trumpet.

One thing I do remember. We never played it as slowly as this .. and Eddie Calvert's version is even slower! Much prefer the Tempo you have given it, Jon.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 10 Jul 2018 08:01

Hi there Hugh,
Thank you for the demo if I put my mind to it I could perfect the slide I am lazy a once through then play glitches and all thank you again my good friend have a nice day. :D :D :D
Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby jackoj » 10 Jul 2018 17:33

Hi John,
That was a lovely performance mate,liked the middle break and the voices just right for this song. have accepted your Skype call so hope to hear from you,i have tried, just before this reply. TFS atb. jackoj. 8) :) :) :)

Image HAPPY PLAYING 2018
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 10 Jul 2018 18:06

Hi there Jacko,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments appreciated my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)

Ps still having trouble with Skype. ??? :cry: :cry:
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 10 Jul 2018 20:01

A long time favourite of mine. I enjoyed hearing your version. .. Fred
Roland BK-7m. Tyros4 LOWREY RIALTO
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 10 Jul 2018 20:56

Hi there Fred,
Thank you for listening pleased it was OK for you I appreciate your kind remarks my very good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby ken horton » 10 Jul 2018 22:23

Hi Jon D all I can say is Brilliant. what a good performance and with variations on the melody with the assortment of voices which I think came in very well, and as others have said it takes me back to the dance hall days of the of 50's, I remember Eddie Calvert and Perez Prado very well, we did not get much in the Latin style from Auntie BBC and usually it was the Edmundo Ross's rather bland versions. Ken (H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Jon D » 11 Jul 2018 08:23

Hello there Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to listen pleased it was to you liking I much appreciate your very kind comments my good friend. :D :D :D
Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby George » 13 Jul 2018 18:25

Hi, Jon,

That's a great Cha Cha loved the Trumpet a good arrangement well played.

George.
G Turner
George
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 14 Jul 2018 10:16

Hi there George,
Thank you again for listening and your kind comments much appreciated my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances