Night and Day

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Night and Day

Postby Ajay » 14 May 2018 14:37

Hi
Have been doing an internet course on recording. Teaching how to make recordings using EQ, Compression and separation to make recording less muddy. This is my first attempt and would appreciate comments on any improvements you think I could make. Song is Sinatras version of Cole Porters Night and Day using voices from my Yamaha keyboard vocal through a Sure microphone. Mixed and mastered in Cubase Pro.
TonyK

https://app.box.com/s/592ws75a8kkjlbrsdo14pzrlyohs9l6b
Ajay
Novice Poster

Re: Night and Day

Postby JohnT » 14 May 2018 16:02

Hi Tony. Seemed okay to me. Not up on what you are doing but it was clear and sound was okay. Perhaps others will give a different view. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 15 May 2018 06:50

Hi Tony,

Nothing wrong with that recording, you could hear each part in the mix really clearly, so nothing muddy about that at all
the vocal cut through clearly and each instrument had it own spot and you could hear them distinctively so its working

A good performance well done, Brian007
Image Image Image
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 September (Joint Winner)
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Ajay » 15 May 2018 22:06

Many thanks to JohnT and Brian for your reassuring comments.
TonyK
Ajay
Novice Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 15 May 2018 23:01

Hi Tony,

The 'Frank Sinatra backing' is superb. You have all those instruments coming in and out just in the way a 'big band' would play it. Not sure about the voice, which seems to have a lot of 'reverb' on it, which makes it sound a bit artificial. Is this you singing? The 'instrumental' arrangement in the middle (the bit without the voice .. sorry!) sounds great. Could easily be a real big band playing. You must have put in a lot of thought to carry that out.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner .. Image
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Jon D » 16 May 2018 18:10

Hello there Tony,
That was a very nice vocal performance and a pleasant listen very enjoyable my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That give me a good grounding. Cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 04 Jun 2018 20:29

Not a song I play very often as I find it too intense but your version came through nice and clear with good separation of the voices. Good work. .. Fred
Roland BK-7m. Tyros4 LOWREY RIALTO
dragon
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances