Putting the Performance Board into Alphabetical Order

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Putting the Performance Board into Alphabetical Order

Postby Hugh-AR » 26 Sep 2017 16:55

When you visit the Performance Board the 'default' is to show all the topics in 'Date order'. This means that the latest offering will appear at the top of the list.

Now supposing you have listened to a piece played by a Member and would like to hear more tunes played by that person? Well, it is a good idea to sort the Performance Board into 'Player Alphabetical Order' and then you can easily find more tracks played by that person.

With the Performance Board on your screen (in Date Order), scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Underneath the list you will see Sort by Post time Descending
You need to change these by clicking on the 'down-arrows'.
Clicking on the Post time one gives you this:

Choose Author (ie. Player).

Then move across to the next one.
Clicking on the Descending arrow gives you this:

Choose Ascending.

Click on Go and this is what you see:

As you can see, the list is now in 'Author' (Player) 'Ascending' order. You can now easily click across to other pages (at the bottom or the top of the page, on the right) until you find the person you are looking for.

You may also want to see if a particular song has been played by anyone. May give you some ideas as to how to tackle it. Mind you, you can always check out a song on YouTube, but of course this will be the original and not just an 'instrumental' version.
If you want a list of Songs in alphabetical order, choose Subject in that first step.

Because it is possible to find tunes this way, it is important that when you fill the Subject in for the music you are posting, you give the 'Title' of the piece first. So, for example, when I did my piece entitled Emil - a Lullaby, I put 'Emil' first (ie. not as A Lullaby - Emil). No one would ever find Emil under 'A' in the list.

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances