Fanfare

Post your Instrumental performances on this board.

Fanfare

Postby Ajay » 16 Jan 2018 15:11

Multi track version of ELP fanfare for the common man. Used various Vst instruments and recorded and mixed in Cubase Pro 9.5.
https://app.box.com/s/5pwkescoti5y7h5jpw6nn5ckcqema8xb
TonyK
Ajay
Novice Poster

Re: Fanfare

Postby Brian007 » 16 Jan 2018 18:46

Hi Tony,

Now that was an impressive piece of sequencing , which must have taken you a while to play all the pieces
but well worth the effort, Thanks for posting.

Brian007 :D :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Jan 2018 20:51

Tony .. Your piece certainly deserves a comment! The stereo separation is amazing, and even the drumbeats follow a stereo separation. Did you multitrack from a music score? Or did you just add the bits in as you went along, 'by ear'?

Anyway, it's a great piece.

Brian .. Ajay mentions that he has used various Vst instruments. Am I imagining it, or did you use this expression in this post?

viewtopic.php?f=326&t=5956

Glad that there must be at least two of you who know what you are talking about!

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Ajay » 20 Jan 2018 23:41

Hi Hugh,
All my multitracking is played from scores. I have many hundreds which I have purchased over the years. I dont think I will ever have the time to play them all!
TonyK
Ajay
Novice Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 21 Jan 2018 11:29

Tony,

Interesting! I suppose this is similar to playing in an orchestra. Every instrument has it's own 'part' to play. So each instrument does it's own thing, but not as in being played separately (ie. multi-tracked), but all playing together at the same time. Couldn't do that on an organ/keyboard as one only has two hands!

We once had a Rep staying at our Hotel, who brought his keyboard every time he came. He could multi-track on that, and he showed me how he did it. Kept 'adding' bits in and building the piece up. And all done 'on the cuff' .. out of his head. Amazing! On my AR I can only do one extra take .. by recording the two manuals separately. He asked me if I would like to try doing some multi-tracking on his keyboard, but for the life of me I couldn't come up with anything else to add to what was playing. Maybe it's experience and practice to be able to do something like that!

He also composed music himself, and this is one he wrote out for me. Only a single melody and chords, which I have played on my AR. Still can't get my head round how I would put other 'parts' into it.

Say The Word

https://app.box.com/s/nte8908xu9iv3gbsve243gy3xx333640

Hugh
It's all about the music. Yamaha AR 80 Player.
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 01 Feb 2018 21:04

Hi Tony Well a most enjoyable 5.52. The whole piece kept me interested with different selection of sounds.It must have taken you ages to produce that effect. I have never multi tracked on My Tyros 5 and to be honest I would not Know where to start. It certainly enhances any performance. Puts my offerings on the site to shame. Will have to get 007 to give me some FREE lessons. Looking forward to more. John
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Westgarth » 01 Feb 2018 22:01

Hi Tony I well remember blasting that tune out of my bedroom window years ago. I must add it was on vinyl, not the keyboard. The only time we hear something like that is when an organ demonstrator prepares it. Had a shot at sequencing once but I was rubbish. Look forward to your next offering. There would probably be a five year gap if it was me.
Regards

Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Postby ken horton » 04 Feb 2018 13:30

Well that blew me away ! it was very impressive and obviously must have needed a lot of patience and time thanks for posting it, like some other listeners it's something which I would not know where to begin and you would understand if you saw my antiquated set up ! Ken(H)
ken horton
Active Poster

Postby Brian007 » 04 Feb 2018 15:13

Hi Hugh,

With reference to your question about VSTs, Yes I have made reference in the past,
They offer a fairly inexpensive way to have a large quantity of very high quality voices at your disposal

Mostly used on PC but I do believe some organs and keyboards can make use of them also, but not sure which ones
You do need a decent PC or laptop to make the most of them

Brian007 :D
Image Image Image
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Instrumental Performances