Gertjan Buunk plays Hammond B3

At almost any single period during the years 1970-1985 there were over 45 brands of new electronic organs on the UK market: Between them they managed to produce, 183 models under £1000, 137 models between £1000 & £2000 and 201 models over £2000+

Gertjan Buunk plays Hammond B3

Postby Mike Bracchi » 18 Dec 2012 22:42

Wotcha folks,

I was searching the net for information on the old Dutch Electronic Organ manufacturer Riha and I just happened to stumble on to some great videos of Gertjan Buunk playing his Hammond B3 ... I think he has a nice playing style and I am sure you will enjoy the listen.

Each video has some notes from the performer ...

Marsha's Mood is a great song from the 1965 album "The Blues Alone" of John Mayall. On the album the song is played on the piano but on the Hammond it sounds good too, at least that's my opinion.

By the way: on the Blues Alone album John Mayall also plays the Hammond on several tracks.

The rhythm has been composed with the Hydrogen Drum Machine software.

Sunny a composition by Bobby Hebb. This version comes from an LP named: "Well ORGANised music" from the jazz combo "The Eminent Swing Combination".
    Shameless I have copied the whole song note by note. But the song dates from 1977 so I don't think I infringe the copyright any more :)

The organist of the Eminent Swing Combination was Frans Wieringa who was performing at a Eminent 2000 Grand Theatre organ at the time. It was the flagship of the Dutch organ manufacturer Eminent. The brand still exists but since 1990 they just produce classical digital organs.

As always the rhythm I have composed with the unequalled Hydrogen Drum Machine software.

Dancing Dead Body Boogie. This song is a make-over version of the Rob Hoeke song Breakdown Boogie what was a smash hit in Holland in the sixties. Rob recorded it at the Philicorda. That little organ was a smash hit too here in the Netherlands. The Hammond organ was to expensive so everybody bought a Philicorda, an Eminent or a Riha Organ These were all Dutch brands and very cheap compared to the Hammond, also regarding the sound.

The title of the song was an idea of a good friend of mine because he said: "this song makes even a dead body dance"

The rhythm is composed with the Hydrogen Drum Machine Software.

Mike Bracchi

Re: Gertjan Buunk plays Hammond B3

Postby Jon D » 10 Jan 2013 12:15

Hi there Mike that Hammond sound is the best there is and great to listen to thank you again for sharing appreciated cheers pal. :D :D :D
Jon D. 8) 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That give me a good grounding. Cheers.
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Re: Gertjan Buunk plays Hammond B3

Postby Ron » 10 Jan 2013 14:11

A very nice relaxed style without going over the top putting in too many notes :D

Regards,

Ron
My Jukebox

Twin setup: Tyros 3 and Yamaha Piaggero NP-11

Fretless Bass, Fender Bass amp: BXR300C, Trace Elliot Commando 100W
Ron
Super Poster

Return to Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)