Interes Dixieland

At almost any single period during the years 1970-1985 there were over 45 brands of new electronic organs on the UK market: Between them they managed to produce, 183 models under £1000, 137 models between £1000 & £2000 and 201 models over £2000+

Interes Dixieland

Postby Bernard » 02 Feb 2015 11:13

Hello everybody,

Here you see my latest purchase, a "Interes Dixieland". I guess this organ was a self contained model in the first place and was later chopped. Interes was a small Dutch organbuilder in the 1970's and the beginning of the 1980's. It seems to be a rare, vintage, and retro instrument because Interes build almost only classical organs.

Biggest question is: how does it sound? Well, I don't know because the organ doesn't do anything except that the powerlamp lights up when I turn on the organ and the little lamp from the swell-pedal also lights up.

I don't need a headphone for this baby, that's for sure. Well, I mean for this moment. Some friends of mine offered to repair it. I am very excited how this 'old' musical instrument will sound.

Greetings from Bernard.

Bernard
Active Poster

Re: Bernard ... New Member

Postby Mike Bracchi » 05 Feb 2015 14:08

Hiya Bernard,

Your latest photo on the Dutch organ intrigues me, would it be possible to take and post some close up shots of the instrument particularly the manufacturers name plate if it has one ... I wouldn't mind looking into this brand further :wink:

Many thanks Bernard - all the best,

Mike
Mike Bracchi

Postby Bernard » 11 Feb 2015 08:23

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comment. I've got some pictures here for you. There is no name plate at the back of the organ. But at the front it says 'Dixieland', 'Interes' and 'Holland'.

Interes was a orgelbrand started by some people called Hanus-Walther from Germany and Austria. But the company was located in the city 'Ermelo' in The Netherlands.

Hope you enjoy the photo's!

Greetings, Bernard.

Bernard
Active Poster

Postby Bernard » 07 Mar 2015 15:11

Hi,

Here are 2 more photo's proving that this organ is from Holland.
The first photo shows the brandname (Interes), the place where it was manufactured (Holland) and at the left you see the modelname (Dixieland).

The second photo shows the plastic plate (at the inside of the organ) where you can see the complete name of the factory, the address where it was located (later on they moved to the city of Harderwijk - near Ermelo -) en can you see the serial number (No. 327).

Bernard.
Bernard
Active Poster

Re: Interes Dixieland

Postby Mike Bracchi » 20 Mar 2015 18:27

Hiya Bernard,

Great photos of the 'Dixieland' organ ... thank you for posting them for us.

I have spent a bit of time trying to find out more about this brand, but I must admit defeat on this one :D There is virtually nothing on the company or it's products - in fact 99% of the searches I made took me to a 'university' site :lol:

I will keep on looking though ... You'll notice I have created a new board for the brand - so I need to find something to post on it :lol:

All the best,

Mike
Mike Bracchi

Return to Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)